Walking the dusty streets of Treasure Net...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really for the Mods. How do you guys do it? This forum has a LOT of members, and across ALL time zones. Do you guys ever get to rest? Don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a great job here considering how few Mods there are here. I'm new here, but have observed a quite a bit. There are some folks here who like to fly under the radar and feel that they have the right to be rude to others, while not technically breaking the rules. Others just wanna see how far they can push the envelope. This would seem a formidable task...and one with not much gratitude. Is it time for a few more Marshals to be walking the dusty streets of Treasure Net?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hold_picture.gif
What do you mean
tn_02.gif
needs a few more Marshals CoinHunterAZ!
killingme.gif

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also in awe of the moderators and the job they have/do.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever hear the phrase too many cooks ?

in spite of the fact the number of members here are growing at an alarming rate
in the last year or so,
I think we have just the right amount of the top chefs at this point. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the complements, we have mods in different time zones and whose days start at different times so there us usually a mod on at all times. We also ask members to report problem posts and threads and a lot if members do.

True, some members try to bend the rules and some try to stretch them while others ignore or just break them, then cry foul when caught.

We are OK with the 6 mods we have at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...you guys seem to have it covered. I didn't realize there was 6 mods...I thought only 2 or 3.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

in the last year or so,
I think we have just the right amount of the top chefs at this point. :laughing7:

It shouldn't be to alarming how fast TN is growing every time I google something treasure net is the go to for answers.
You should all be proud.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It shouldn't be to alarming how fast TN is growing every time I google something treasure net is the go to for answers.
You should all be proud.

we are :laughing7: Most users ever online was 15,868, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Luckley they wern't all newbies and didn't all hit join at the same time.
My screen may have exploded :laughing7:

"Alarming" was just the first word for it that came to mind :tongue3:

Last edited:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinHunterAZ,

As Treasure Hunter posted they also rely on us the members here to report any post or topics that get out of line, it makes the Moderators a job a bit easier.

I'm an Administrator on 3 Gold Prospecting forums and a Moderator of a few more, so I know what the Moderators here deal with, so I don't hesitate to report a post/topic when necessary.

That being said, step up and be an honorary Deputy Marshall and start reporting the posts/topics that are out of line so a Moderator can make a judgement on them!!!

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinHunterAZ,

As Treasure Hunter posted they also rely on us the members here to report any post or topics that get out of line, it makes the Moderators a job a bit easier.

I'm an Administrator on 3 Gold Prospecting forums and a Moderator of a few more, so I know what the Moderators here deal with, so I don't hesitate to report a post/topic when necessary.

That being said, step up and be an honorary Deputy Marshall and start reporting the posts/topics that are out of line so a Moderator can make a judgement on them!!!

Hmmm....getting an itchy trigger finger. Click, click...(report post button). I like the idea of a partially self moderating forum. Thanks for the good work Mods.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

in the last year or so,
Good job they are joining at a alarming rate, it will help keep up with the amount that are getting banned:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread