Note to self.. aka DERP DERP moment

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today I was about to go out and do some detecting, but before hand I need to tinker around with entering in a new discrimination pattern on my Etrac. Of course doing this in the house makes it go bonkers, so I just dialed down the sensitivity...all the way down. So then it wouldn't be chirping away as I worked. We can all guess what happened next right?

Yep 2 1/2 hours of going huh this place I am detecting in sucks! I am only finding things that are right on the surface or just under...where is all the 3 inch and deeper stuff???
So the sun was setting and I decided to head over to a friends yard for my final 30 minutes...and yes that is when I discovered it. :BangHead: :BangHead: At first it was rather silent for her yard as I know for whatever reason it is abundant in foil and normally I get a lot of tones but there was nothing DUH DUH DUH

Just a very little bit of light left, and I change it back to the AUTO setting for the sensitivity and what do you know? It goes up to where it belongs and her yard is talking to me again. I immediately dig a sorta nondescript button and then no more light AHHHHHHHHHHHH
So back to all the ground I covered at the first site tomorrow :sad5:

I don't think I will ever forget to recheck settings once I turn my machine on at a site again.....grrr

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about it Vandaria. My Tiger Shark is silent search, and there have been times when I have water hunted for an hour or so before I realized I hadn't turned the machine on. Now when I hunt, if I haven't had a hit in a while I have to stick my scoop under my coil just to make sure its on and working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions