jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
This will be my last post on Tnet... Mods, don't you dare delete this post!

I will keep this positive, so... Over the years I have made some truly unforgettable friends on this site.

The time has come for me to call it quits using Tnet. Those who follow my posts will certainly know why.

If you know me, look for me out in the fields, at the yard sales, or at a coin show. Hopefully some of you have my email address and will stay in touch (my username @gmail.com).

Take care,
-jerseyben
:hello:

P.S. Today was also the last day of posting of Tnet for our dear old friends Crispin and Spartacus53 (and others who recently left). They say Goodbye.

Attachments

• 0330021717.jpg
    0330021717.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 191

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The site is called Treasure Net and contains a WEALTH of information. Unfortunately some people get very antagonistic about their opinions. I have done that and paid for it in the past. There are so many new members and more coming all the time. They are male, female, young, old and learn as well as teach. I have looked at other sites and think they have a long way to go. Since there are no contracts and no long term obligations, we are all free to leave and then come back if we wish. Remember, the grass is always greener boys and girls. You will be missed, but never complain about the moderators. They have a tough job to do and they do it well. Also, I would love to post finds, but I have no camera(except an early 1900's one) and wouldn't know how to put stuff online if I did have one. But I love most of the finds that everyone else posts and I enjoy this site and Treasure Hunter, I know that veterans ARE heroes. My grandfather fought overseas in WWI, my father in WWII, my cousin in Vietnam and I got drafted, passed the physical, then a hearing problem was discovered and I got to go back to college(thank God). Anyway, thanks for your service...

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
Well Partner, I didn't know you but I do see that Tnet has been changing in the only the few short years I've been a member here. We are losing a lot of great members and I am sure you are one as well. I wish you luck on your future adventures.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tnet is losing a lot of old members.... The reason as i heard was the mods were acting like little:nono:....

No, they're not. The mod staff enforces the rules that the Admin's and site Owner
have set. Site owner says "Do "X", so it's not always the mod's option when posts
are edited or deleted, and sometimes it is their option. Seems to me (since I've been
a member) that so long as the basic site rules are followed that there isn't any issues.

Had a couple posts pulled as well, and in all honesty, if I was the Mod here I would've
canned 'em too, as I was out-of-line. Ticked me off for about a minute, and then I realized
that I never should have commented like I did, and was glad they were gone.

That said, I've enjoyed many of your posts JB, and will miss reading them, but I do
understand that sometimes one site starts to become a bit stale for us, so we feel
the need to go looking for greener grass. Perfectly normal, TBH, and I do hope you'll
come back for a visit from time to time!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So long, farewell...all the best in your new endeavors. All the best for Spartacus & Crispin too.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerseyben,while I'm a bit of a newbie,I have been on boards in the past where it seems like I was outnumbered by people with opposing views( me,a very conservative women among many liberals)I can certainly relate that your thoughts and position might not gel with the status quo here and how sometimes things get heated but I wish you nothing but the best.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not up to date on drama, that is why I wear headphones in the field >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JUST DIG AND LET THE WORLD FALL APART AROUND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`m a member at three different Treasure hunting forums...and i see some of the people there and here ...i think a lot of us used different palces ...after all aren`t Most of us addicted to this hobby and want more ?... But i spend 90% of my on line time here,just me.... i think here is the best just me.
I know in the three years i have been a member i think the membership here has Doubled....heck 58 thousand people can`t be wrong I`m staying.
By Ben Cya around!
Gary

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can certainly understand why people are leaving TNet in droves. A friend posted and had the post deleted by a moderator. I reposted what was said and got a "like" from another moderator. If the rules are set by admin why are the moderators at opposite ends of the spectrum? Why the secrecy over the ownership of this forum? Why the attacks on certain members. It's making TNet a very uncomfortable place to be.

I of many here would like these questions answered instead of our posts being deleted. Whatever happened to transparency? It makes us feel as though those behind this site have something to hide.

Cya Ben.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the owner is here and he introduced himself to everyone here when Marc sold it, he goes by johndroid i think.
I it easy to stay with in the rules.
Gary

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being relatively new to this site, I don't know how my "chime in" will be received, but that has never stopped me before ;)

I am actually at the complete opposite end of the spectrum here. I have been a member/moderator for the largest ham radio forum in the world for over 10 years now. If I or anybody else on those forums attempted even 1/2 of what I see here, the ban hammer would fall so fast it would make your head spin.

Quite frankly, TNet almost seems like a free-for-all to me. I come to a certain interest based website to discuss that interest with other like minded individuals. Sure, there may be some heated topics ABOUT THAT INTEREST, but that is what makes the world interesting. It is the side bar topics that interest me very little (I try not to get sucked in, but it does happen), and honestly IMO, take away from the focus of the page itself.

Topics such as religion, guns (my favorite), politics are STRICTLY verboten on my usual haunts. And you know what? those sites are stronger and seeing the most member growth and overall daily traffic increase EVER. And all since focusing the site onto the topic at hand.

:P So there LOL.

WM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this every time someone wants their way here
people are leaving TNet in droves.
apparently they are joining Tnet faster , we are still moving forward :laughing7:

anyway the real point of this post, Ben
we will certainly miss you.
till your next post here.

if your mad at us, just call us Hotel California :thumbsup:

Good Huntin'
Jeff

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this every time someone wants their way here

apparently they are joining Tnet faster , we are still moving forward :laughing7:

anyway the real point of this post, Ben
we will certainly miss you.
till your next post here.

if your mad at us, just call us Hotel California :thumbsup:

Good Huntin'
Jeff
Queens....Another one bites the dust, would be more fitting. Another great member gone.

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff in all honesty

How can you claim that we are moving ahead when the 58,000 members represents TNets total membership in its 18 year history. They have never pruned their membership list of people who joined and never made a single post; some of these users are probably deceased and we see members posting daily that they are leaving never to return. I had a class in college called "Lying with Statistics" that comes to mind. I really wish that you were running the show here because I don't think that I would be seeing my friends leaving. The big mistake was allowing Kellyco to take control of this site. The cats out of the bag.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff in all honesty

How can you claim that we are moving ahead when the 58,000 members represents TNets total membership in its 18 year history. They have never pruned their membership list of people who joined and never made a single post; some of these users are probably deceased and we see members posting daily that they are leaving never to return. I had a class in college called "Lying with Statistics" that comes to mind. I really wish that you were running the show here because I don't think that I would be seeing my friends leaving. The big mistake was allowing Kellyco to take control of this site. The cats out of the bag.

Kellyco does not control the site,
Kellyco , has never tried to control the site.

Disgruntled dealers & supporters of Mom & Pop Shops,
who can't compete with Kellyco may be behind these rumors :dontknow:

But trust me,, IF Kellyco was more then a Sponsor here,
I'd be keeping Quiet right now.

all sponsors have a right to advertise and
our protection from heresay nothing more

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH & Sorry !

believe it or not, numbers have been Pruned.
bad Email Addresses etc. a few years ago and
shortly before the take over I seem to remember another Cleanout.

Yes the Numbers include some who are not here anymore,
But it still represents treasureNet as a Whole & Still Growing Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread