Iron readings on an older detector?

Hotdillon

Apr 26, 2013
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys! I am new to this site and am very happy I discovered it. My 6 yr old daughter has gotten me into metal detecting. We use an older model detector and have found aluminum, loose change, but nothing significant. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when my detector detects iron....what is it usually detecting? I have not dug when it says iron and was just curious if I should??

Thanks guys!!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with a magnet wired to the end of a cut off golf club. The ol Bounty Hunter which was a gift liked nails and bottle caps. It may be just that. But in the iron range a lot of fake jewelry will also show up. Dig and beep is a great way to start. If your looking to dig just keepers, that takes time and a good detector. I don't consider any detector bad, just some better for the particular hunt Im doing than others. The question to dig or not, is up to you. I don't always dig every signal. I have to leave something for the At Pro guys to find.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig almost all .i like old horseshoes,buckles,pretty much anything smaller than my beagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread