Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man you scored.In the area of fort irwin I have done a ton of work gold mining.you are in a great area.the rainbow basin and moonstone areas have produced pretty rough gold,nuggets too.Halfway to the base out of barstow in the rainbow basin we would set up a 14 foot ladder and look for dark streaks of surface earth.common there.we would dry wash those streaks and did very well.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Join a Club!!!! Do some Google and Bing searches for gold prospecting clubs in your area. This is going to put you in touch with folks that can show you the ropes, and give you a primer on what you need - and more importantly DON'T need to get started. As a soldier my paychecks were as short as my temper, so joining a club is a great way to save some hard earned Jump pay! Best of luck to you and Thank you for your service!

OP
OP
kaptainkashew

kaptainkashew

Apr 28, 2013
Thanks for the tips! A buddy of mine In my platoon has been doin it for a couple weeks now and we are gonna go out this weekend. Not sure where he goes, I've been lookin on google and I'm gonna check out the clubs around this Area. Thanks for the help !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread