Hunting "hunted out sites"

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I have been going to a old home site off a main road that I know has been hit before. Thing is there is a ton of trash to sift through (pull tabs everywhere) I have found three wheats the oldest being a 1923 but no silver. It's a site with old stone walls that in on the base of a mountain in the woods. What would be the best places to look? Is it possible there's still silver there? I just started detecting a little over a month ago and I have a Coinmaster pro. Any advice is appreciated.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Relax, bring some beer, take your time.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of trash, wheats, pulltabs. Hard to find silver in that mess.Pick up the trash, wheats, and pulltabs and the silver will tend to show itself. TTC

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TTC is absolutely right. Old Homes, Parks, Ball fields, doesn't matter. A local park in my area has been around since the early 1900's and probably detected since it was invented. I have pulled four silvers from her this April. I look at trashy spots as a challenge. When you do pull a good target from the trash. "You beat the trash" HH Hunter

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the out lying areas of the park. I'm curtainly huntin an old country club thatcmy buddy said was hunted out. Well in 4 trips there forb maybe 2 hours each time ive pull 2 mercs, 2 rosie, 1943 quarter, 1919 silvee Canadian 5 cent coin. Plus a ton of wheaties and a few tokens. Just go sloooooow its not a race. A lot of my fined r coming from the wooded areas.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this yesterday on a park Did a 30 maybe 40 sq. ft. area and spent time going over it in many directions, was surprised I kept finding (Clad) over the areas I just did. OK it was only buck fifty eight but it proves a point it's never hunted out. Time and tonnes. Did find a 925 ring nice one. Problem is it was a long winter need some Ben gay from all that bending.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread