Earbuds for Ace 250

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Auvio earbuds work fine on my Ace & AT-Pro.
I did have to buy an inline volume control to keep the AT-pro's speaker from chiming off at the same time it was beeping in the earbuds.

The Ace worked fine without having to use the inline volume control.

OP
OP
jgnichols

jgnichols

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
North East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w 5X8 DD Coil / Garrett Pro-Pointer / AM Leonard 3n1 Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will give them a try. They definetly will be cooler in the summer.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are much cooler in the summer. Just make sure you use the right size rubber buds in your ears or the weight of the battery part will make them fall out of your ears.

OP
OP
jgnichols

jgnichols

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
North East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w 5X8 DD Coil / Garrett Pro-Pointer / AM Leonard 3n1 Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a pair of buds that have a piece that goes around the ear. They were marked down at Radio Shack for $14.95. Sound good. I had a volume cord that I used with a scanner headset that I place in-line to add volume control.The whole idea behind this was to be able to wear a big hat to block the sun from my head and neck. Already had one cancerous growth removed. Don't want anymore. The Garrett headphones that I had would make my ears sore after a couple of hours. Ready to hunt now.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Auvio wireless earbuds.
They were quite popular last year and the year before.

image-212778289.png

They are the ones I was talking about.

Last edited:

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ace350 - I'm trying to setup my Ace 250 with earbuds as well - just have one question. How did you incorporate the volume control with those Auvio earbuds? Did you have to add an inline piece somewhere from where the receiver plugs into the detector? Thanks!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I used this exact volume control. Koss VC20 Volume Control. I bought it from Radio Shack. Here is the website: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2272471# image-2058345300.png H

The Auvio earbuds have a volume control but the AT-Pro needed it because it would also emit tones from the speaker at the same time when I was using the ear buds. It had something to do with the electronic resistance.

I don't think I you need it for the Ace series metal detectors.
But if ya do. That is the one you need.

Last edited:

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I used this exact volume control. Koss VC20 Volume Control. I bought it from Radio Shack. Here is the website: Koss VC20 Volume Control : Headphones | RadioShack.com View attachment 906782 H

The Auvio earbuds have a volume control but the AT-Pro needed it because it would also emit tones from the speaker at the same time when I was using the ear buds. It had something to do with the electronic resistance.

I don't think I you need it for the Ace series metal detectors.
But if ya do. That is the one you need.

Awesome - thanks for the links!

I don't know if I can get those Auvio wireless earbuds here in Canada, but I found the Koss volume control on Amazon... I'm going to get the one below and try it on my Ace with some regular earbuds and see if it works. That store is close by, so if that works then I don't have to order the Koss one online..

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...ategory=Headphone+Accessories&product=4202559

4202559l.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide on a BlueTooth-enabled headset, remember a few important points.

First, there is a delay. The amount of delay is never less than about 200 ms, and may be more (perhaps as long as 500 ms—half a second) if there is strong interference from cellphone towers operating in the same 2.4 GHz band. This can be very exacerbating (and a few words which rhyme with it!).

When you use one, it is important to energize the transmitter first, then the receiving device (headphones, ear buds, etc.). If you don't, you'll have to re-pair the two each time. That can be a PITA!

I must admit I do not like dangling cords! But after trying just about every wireless solution I could come up with, I'm back to cords to stay.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide on a BlueTooth-enabled headset, remember a few important points. First, there is a delay. The amount of delay is never less than about 200 ms, and may be more (perhaps as long as 500 ms—half a second) if there is strong interference from cellphone towers operating in the same 2.4 GHz band. This can be very exacerbating (and a few words which rhyme with it!). When you use one, it is important to energize the transmitter first, then the receiving device (headphones, ear buds, etc.). If you don't, you'll have to re-pair the two each time. That can be a PITA! I must admit I do not like dangling cords! But after trying just about every wireless solution I could come up with, I'm back to cords to stay.

I agree with the above about the Bluetooth headphones.
If you can find them the Auvios are not Bluetooth.
They are analog and have no delay because they don't have to convert an analog signal to a digital signal like Bluetooth does.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm sorry I didn't here the question. I use headphones that don't match and I'm hard of hearing. Just kidding. But I am hard of hearing. But the answer is only on pulltabs. Good Luck to ya.

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the above about the Bluetooth headphones.
If you can find them the Auvios are not Bluetooth.
They are analog and have no delay because they don't have to convert an analog signal to a digital signal like Bluetooth does.

Thanks - it seems these wireless earbuds (Auvio) are very difficult to find.. they're not on the Radio Shack website anymore either. Hopefully this in-line volume adaptor works...we'll see. I'll post back once I have it and let everyone know - especially for Canadian users, this would be handy info.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Shack" no longer sells the wireless Auvio unit Ace350 refers to. At least in my local store. I used them on a Tesoro Cortez and they preformed perfect! Volume control included. Only problem was that the actual ear inserts didn't swivel. They are fixed. With continued removal to dig, one broke on my set. I brought the swivel issue to RS. The store employees had no answer, but immediately replaced 'em. I would like another set, but doubt RS will continue line. Peace

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Radio Shack stopped selling the Auvio wireless earbuds & wireless headphones about a year ago.
Sometimes you can still find them on eBay.
To get delay free wireless headsets for your MD you need to find the ones that work on 2.4GHz.
There was this guy selling them in all different styles on the MD forums called "Get Diggin".

Here's a pic of a set I picked up.

image-1439471772.png

image-2258604829.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions