Has TN ever thought about a button forum?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Or does it just seem redundant and is just as well to post pics and inquiries about them in Today's Finds or What Is It? Just wondering what y'all thought.

Yes. Redundant. It gets to the point where there can become too many sub-forums, a lot of which end up getting low viewer counts, etc.. And too many places where a particular topic could fall under, to the point where it gets hard to find things. Buttons can, as you say, simply be placed on the finds forum, or relic forum, and others can chime in there. JMHO.

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily .. I know we had our differences ... But OMG I wish there would be a separate forum for coins, buckles, and buttons. Or change the name of 'What Is It?' To 'Name that Button" . Lol. It's all awesome finds indeed , but If buttons arn't exactly your thing it gets Alil boring. Again not to take away from the greatness of those finds... But I think Civil War Finds could use it's own forum.
I stopped posting stuff I find after the " hunk oh Junk" iron find scandal... Lol.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a separate button forum in the Relic Forum. I think most people post in Finds or What is it forums as well. I have always posted mine there as I believe more people will see it. I see you are in Nashville. Do you belong to the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club there? I used to belong when I used to live there. Great club. Also if you are interested in relics don't over look the Diggin in Virginia hunts. More and more women are attending and it is a great chance to find some relics you don't normally get here in Tennessee. If you are interested I can send you the link.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i think coily is talking about buttons for her frocks

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a separate button forum in the Relic Forum. I think most people post in Finds or What is it forums as well. I have always posted mine there as I believe more people will see it. I see you are in Nashville. Do you belong to the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club there? I used to belong when I used to live there. Great club. Also if you are interested in relics don't over look the Diggin in Virginia hunts. More and more women are attending and it is a great chance to find some relics you don't normally get here in Tennessee. If you are interested I can send you the link.

I guess I don't know about the separate forum there,thank you.i don't know what is is about buttons that fascinate me so.no I don't belong to any metal detecting clubs,its usually just me and my mister in between house and yard work but thanks anyway. Too warm for any frocks today Jeff plus I still haven't shaved yet,lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions