Garrett AT Pro problem..

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent my garrett at pro in for service. The speaker was not working correctly. I just got it back. It worked fine. Plugged my headphones in, unplugged them, now the speaker is messed up again. I am at my wits end here. I sometime like hunting without the headphones so I can hear what is going on around me. I spent $25 shipping this thing to texas...I am pretty upset.

Anyone else have this problem??

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I'd suggest calling Garrett. I think they will help you. Perhaps for the good PR they might pay your return shipping on a failed repair? Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed them, no response. It really sucks because this is my only detector. Oh well, what can ya do right?

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call their toll free number; you'll get right through to them. Email generally takes a day for a reply.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try to reset it?
When the machine is on, hold the on/off button down until you hear two beeps.
Page 11 in the owners manual.
That resets it back to factory settings.
Hopefully that fixes it for ya.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Your problem is the jack. When you plug in the headphones you break the connection to the speaker. When you remove the headphone plug It is not reconnecting the speaker. It just needs the spring contact 'ajdusted' on the jack. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread