Fishers new F4....

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I truly believe that to many people get caught up in which detector is best + spend to much time + money jumping from one detector to another to ever really learn to use any of them to their full potential . I have read lots of posts where people say I got this or that new super machine + took it out for 2 hours + it [ aint worth a dam ] . Lot's of people buy the high dollar machines + don't have any idea how to use them + probably never will . Just read all the I need help , what setting will work , what does this or that button or knob do , and it goes on + on . Learn to use the one you have + you,ll do much better .

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have a Fisher CZ-5 that I swear by. Fisher made darn good detectors. Tony, what these guys are refering to is the lifetime warranty on the OLD Fishers. First Texas isn't honoring that nearly as well as Fisher did. I have heard from several people as well about HUGE repair bills. It's too bad. I'll be taking mine somewhere else when it needs repairing. I'd rather pay someone locally than ship it to First Texas, from what I've heard.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The HUGE repair bills are on detectors that never had a lifetime warranty. If you go through a dealer you'll fair better in almost every case anyway. They are honoring the lifetime warranties "AS LONG AS THE CARD WAS SENT IN" !!! Don't forget this ; a lot of people who buy detectors never send in the card thinking that the warranty is in effect for everyone. They sell the detector and pass along a "blank warranty card". The warranty is only for the original user PERIOD! This may have something to do with some of the comments being made. Some of them want a free ride for life no matter waht and don't want to folow the rules. ::)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to see any manufacturer go under. What I dislike more is dishonesty in advertising. If the "NEW" detectors, whether F-75, F-4, or T-2 or what ever they want to call it work well and are of good quality for the money, that remains to be seen.

Tony is right about the warranty card. Many forget that when they buy a thing second hand on ebay for example that the warranty doesn't apply to them. It does not apply for items that go wrong because of miss use or just wearing out. But to not stock the parts anymore isn't excusable in the cases of the CZ20's that might need repair.

Sandman

John CA

Greenie
May 9, 2005
Bari
Bounty Hunter is JUNK and so is their customer service! I feel sorry for the people who have lifetime warranties on there Fisher's and have to send them to First Texas for repairs. My piece of crap Quick Draw never worked right out of the box, sent it in so many times and when the 5 years warranty was up they told me this is normal operation on this detector, they would not accept it since it was out of warranty and if I wanted to have it repaired send it to Kieth Wills. Nice Company! I suggest any Fisher with a lifetime warranty gets sent somewhere else for repairs like to Kieth Wills, even if you have to pay for repairs because 1st Texas will only screw it up!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I never had a metal detector I didn't like. I just like some more than others. I had a Fisher coinstrike for a while and used it enough to not want to sell it. Was a good machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread