Colorado mountains?

Sweptnine

May 12, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so this might be a dumb question but can I find anything in south-east Colorado? I only ask cause I can't go out side my house sence I got sick, and I live way up in the mountains. So do you think I would be able to find any thing? Once agin I'm sorry for sounding like a noob it's only my second day metal detecting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Sorry to hear about your problem Sweptnine. One of the neat things about MD'ng is the fun just swinging and seeing what you find - just go out their (when you can) and have fun - you just never know what you will find...

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sweptnine,

The short answer is 'Yes'. There are numerous things to search for in SE Colorado. Remember, KVM had his store in Segundo to be near what he searched for.

I go to SE Colorado to search for things myself and I live in Texas.

Let me know what the nearby towns are and I will look up some leads for you.

Patrick

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man has been making objects for a real long time.The cool thing for us is man has been loosing em ever since...there are cool finds to be had....everywhere.

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I used to live in the Cascade mountains in western Washington. I found all kinds of stuff from the old coal miners, lumber jacks. I was always amazed at finding something that man put there but now there is only trees... Do your research at the local library about your area in the past. You will find old towns, trails, mining camps, roads and maybe a place where there used to be people. Quite often the mining camps had houses on rails or skis that could be moved from camp to camp. How many miners might have buried their money around the foundation of the house? Old outhouse areas are a treasure trove for old whiskey bottles, guns and all sorts of stuff. Have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread