Newbie in Vero Beach

VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm new to the hobby, just ordered a Tesoro Sand Shark with the bigger coil, which seems like the best beach detector under 1000$. I'm planning on hitting the regular spots in vero/wabasso after storms/hurricanes. Also spend some time in Polk county at the in-laws and was just wondering if anyone knew of any good spots to hit there for Indian wars type relics?
Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
Stay away from the artifacts..... The state of Florida has declared that the State owns all artifacts and that it is illegal for us to look for or remove them from anywhere. If you happen to find (trip over) a artifact you are supposed to turn it over to the state authorities. Also, most State Parks won't allow you to metal detect in the water but it is ok on the beach. Always check with the rangers fist before detecting. They can arrest you and take you MD away. Don't want that. I have found that some county parks have a permit process that is usually easy. As for private land, get permission from the owner first. Always make sure your butt is covered before you detect. Join a local MD club and they can help you with all you need to know and you'll have someone to go with. Good Hunting

OP
OP
VERODIGDUG

VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice and direction!

EMTFlorida

May 18, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be down to go out on a hunt with you sometime. I'm from St. Augustine and grew up in Sebastian, right outside of Vero. I'm new to this as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread