New to Site and Metal Detecting

Plott 1

May 21, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000/Di Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from East Tennessee, I am new to this site and to metal detecting. I just traded for a Whites 6000/Di Pro SL, and am looking forward to the new hobby and hopefully some stress relieve. I am 45 yrs old and a full time Nursing Student with hopefully one more yr of school. My wife and boys and I really enjoy looking for old relics and I have found several points on the farm I was raised on but now am looking forward to a more serious approach to our searchs. Any pointers on where, how, and what to look for will be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading and learning about this hobby.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and a very fun (and often rewarding) hobby! This is a great site with lots of helpful members and info. Happy Hunting! Scott

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well come to the site its full of info and lots of sun a definet stress releiver i think nothing better then finding something very old and being the first to bring it back to life good luck and hope to see some finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread