1800s farm house

mike1

May 21, 2013
north liberty indana
Detector(s) used
ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was wanting to know what anyone has found on farmhouse property from the 1800s what types of coins? how many coins? how much junk did you find with your metal detector? i have a ace 150 so far the only old coins i found were wheat cents. how likely is it that ill find a drapped bust or something of that nature on the property where the house used to be? should i look around where the house was or try the woods or field where do you guys have the most luck searching i heard trees are good.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Indiana for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lotsa junk but I've found a few large cents, silver dimes, many stinkin linkins, you name it. An 1800's farmhouse may be holding all kinds of coins. Check where the outhouse used to be, where did they hang their clothes?, entrances to the house, the base of large trees. Cellar holes - remember folks didn't trust banks back then and some buried treasure in the cellar. Do your research and hit it hard and HH

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike Welcome to TNet from a fellow Hoosier. Like VPNavy said you really need to spend some time reading the forums and sub forums around the site. My guess is you have been here a while and maybe just pulled the trigger with becoming a member. But there is tons of good advice and reading that will help you. The type of questions you are asking have so many variable that the answers you may get may very well not match your results. You can't beat the experience of just getting out there and digging. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions