All Treasure Hunting

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your Camera's manual to see if it has a Macro setting.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell us the type of camera you got. Make, model, etc. And yeah, read the manual cause it will probably tell you how to do close-ups. If you need some photo tips, there are some awesome photographers on here and they're glad to help you out. I know I've learned a thing or two from them.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...I will see if I can even find the manual for it. It was a hand me down...so I don't even know if I have it or not.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the photographs/photography thread on down. I get great close-ups using a cheap magnifying glass. I'm using one of the first Kodak easy shares. I just put the magnifier up to the shutter and click. I have it set to where I can view what I am going to take a pic of, once it comes in to view the way I want it, it works pretty good, almost every time. I'm still perfecting the technique and lighting needs to be good also. Here's example, I can't even see that good with my eyeballs! LOL!

bindipink.jpg bindi2.jpg

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...I will see if I can even find the manual for it. It was a hand me down...so I don't even know if I have it or not.

What is the make/model?

Also, look for a icon on the camera that looks like this:

macro.jpg

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Macro

Hi, I tend to use a program on my Android phone (Samsung Note 2) called (Magnificent Magnifier made by c.p.s.) and its free...
Even if you have an Iphone you can download this type of program to use, but 90% of camera's have a macro setting the trick is to be at least 2 to 3 inches from the object and use the zoom to clear the image and focus..

Attachments

• IMG_20130524_015315.jpg
    IMG_20130524_015315.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20130524_015411.jpg
    IMG_20130524_015411.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20130524_015432.jpg
    IMG_20130524_015432.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20130524_015458.jpg
    IMG_20130524_015458.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 70

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I tend to use a program on my Android phone (Samsung Note 2) called (Magnificent Magnifier made by c.p.s.) and its free...
Even if you have an Iphone you can download this type of program to use, but 90% of camera's have a macro setting the trick is to be at least 2 to 3 inches from the object and use the zoom to clear the image and focus..

Thanks for the tip on Magnificent Magnifier,I will look for that app.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it best when using macro function to reduce the recorded pixle size of the picture, it's easier to crop down.

SS

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...My camera is a Fujifilm Finepix A340...I didn't have the manual, but just downloaded and printed the owner's manual. 94 pages jeez! I will be studying it tonight, and checking back with this thread. Thanks!

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close ups require paying attention to details, the first you've already been given keep the camera still. This is best done by using a simple tripod, I'm talking $10 or less for something that will just put the camera up in the air about 6". If you have a tripod where the center piece comes out and it can be put in from the bottom of the place it just came out of then even better as the camera can be mounted upside down for some amazing tight close ups.

Lighting: The White Balance will need to be adjusted to the type of light you are using: sunlight, mecury coily type of bulb light, fluorescent etc.

Focus: Macro setting needs to be used and then you must figure out how to hold the object to obtain the picture you want. Some common "Holding Aids" would be plumbers putty, silly putty, a mild rubber cement IF the camera can not be tilted over to look down on the subject.

IF you have good sunlight, not too strong/bright and not too dim that will be a plus as the camera will change its 'F' stop and shutter speed to compensate for all the light making the picture depth of field greater and hence the picture sharper.

Lots of tricks one can do with lighting and backgrounds to create very special pictures........................63bkpkr

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On either side of the Zoom rocker button are two arrow keys, which also navigate menu options. The left arrow toggles Macro mode on or off while the right arrow steps through the flash modes.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fuji makes great cameras. The a340 should be able to do what you need it to do. It has a macro mode good from about four inches.

macro, good lighting, and a little practice and you should be on your way!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help everyone. I figured out the "macro mode", but still need some practice in different lighting, etc. I guess the real "secret" is: Read the manual. If you don't have one, get one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread