new sand scoop! beach ready!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my new sand scoop in today for my beach vacation.
Last year, I bought a RTG Kick-It scoop, and it was great. I went with a bigger scoop this year.
The Kick-It was a 5" scoop and this time I decided to go with a 6" scoop that is longer and with a thicker pole and supports. The back support is key so you can drive it into the sand with your foot without it collapsing. It's a little bit more weight, 3.4 lbs compared to 1.6 lbs, but it should be better in the surf. Both are light since they are aluminum. It makes a difference when I go out for many hours down the beach.
I use my Etrac on the dry sand and AT Pro in the surf. The bigger scoop should make a difference in the surf this year. I learned real quick, last year, that when you detect a target in the surf, you pretty much have one shot at scooping it before the next wave comes in and you have to find the target again, if it's not in your scoop.

Attachments

• 2013-05-25 sandscoop 2.jpg
    2013-05-25 sandscoop 2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 97

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same scoop I have. You will like it!
Do your self a favor and tie a tether to it so if you drop it, and you will, you can grab the rope and pull it back up.
Have fun!

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ricky14623
We are heading to the Outer Banks, NC. The northern part where you are not only allowed to hunt, but it's where the road ends and you can actually drive out on the beach, build fires, etc. We rented a beach house.

songdog
glad I made a good choice. I actually did that with my last one. Here's a pic of it. It actually swiveled, so I could just hook it on my belt and drag it sideways on the beach if I didn't want to carry it. Sideways it just slid and bounced along on the sand without digging in.

Attachments

• DSC01204.JPG
    DSC01204.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 97

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread