Do you pick up everything on the beach?

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a man the the other day who had an excalibur detector. He has been at this a long time. He said he picks up everything because you can never know for sure. He said once it sounded like a bottle cap and he picked it up any way and it was a ring. I was going to get an excalibur to avoid bottle caps but this man was an old timer at this so I'm going to keep my whites beach hunter for now that I recently got and continue to pick up everything. Any comments?

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dig all your targets you won't loose any sleep over something you "might" have missed :treasurechest: . . . just sayin.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also you pull that target out of the beach so you don't have to detect it again.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good thread

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's how I look at it, It only takes seconds to scoop the target and shake the sand out of the scoop so I scoop all signals, Hay, I am using a PI anyway. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I agree! I'm not letting anything pass me by. I'm loving the beach hunter ID 300.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig lots of nails in the parks with my explorer. You never know. I have dug quite a few coins with nails physically touching them. If the signal sounds like it could be a coin with trash its getting dug. On the beach I would get all the signals I could. Seems that often times there are long stretches without signals on the beach so you might as well stop and dig it.

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I met a man the the other day who had an excalibur detector. He has been at this a long time. He said he picks up everything because you can never know for sure. He said once it sounded like a bottle cap and he picked it up any way and it was a ring. I was going to get an excalibur to avoid bottle caps but this man was an old timer at this so I'm going to keep my whites beach hunter for now that I recently got and continue to pick up everything. Any comments?

I have a old GTA-1000 last fall i was trying detector out at Bethany Beach Delaware and discriminating Pull-Tabs and not getting anything after dark . I was about to give up and heading back to meet wife and i had just turned off discrimination and was walking back to boardwalk when i got a faint beep had to back up to find it again dug it in the dark and found a nice gold & Diamond ring in my scoop. I got to keep it about 20 min until the wife stole it she loves it.

I have been told since by many if you want rings and jewelery don't discriminate when in doubt dig it out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread