dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone call the wambalance, u want some cheese with that whine. Who cares how many replies u get.

crazyrelic

Jun 1, 2013
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about the attention you recieve, Just enjoy the sharing and know that the ones who have checked you out are happy for you...............

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like they said you racked them up this time....well my poems didn't grab much attention and that's was some prim stuff
just think of all the Texas and first Texas instruments user out their with their 19th century sound and parts, screen plates......
remember what happen to Kodak

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtwizard said:
if you want replies to your finds threads just change your user name to something along the lines of "debbiedoesdetecting" and change your avatar to an attractive female's picture. The leg humpers on this forum will be all over you, you could post trash finds.

It's funny 'cause it's true.

LOL debbiedoesdetecting, classic!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and changed my avatar to the ridiculously handsome photo you now see.soon I will be posting how its not fair that people comment about my amazingly good looks.I may even blame it on my parents and change my avatar with every trip to the beauty spa.I must admit that so far I'm not getting the attention that I so badly crave,perhaps folks are just stunned,I dunno.I'm sure its coming tho.

glad I got that off my chest and btw....I dig your finds and always try to do some research when you post at,"what is it."
keep up the good work...I for one dig it..

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigfoot1 said:
I went ahead and changed my avatar to the ridiculously handsome photo you now see.soon I will be posting how its not fair that people comment about my amazingly good looks.I may even blame it on my parents and change my avatar with every trip to the beauty spa.I must admit that so far I'm not getting the attention that I so badly crave,perhaps folks are just stunned,I dunno.I'm sure its coming tho.

glad I got that off my chest and btw....I dig your finds and always try to do some research when you post at,"what is it."
keep up the good work...I for one dig it..

That's awesome & thanks!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum.......I appreciate the work and like the history.......being new to the site, it is a question of finding the posts.........not sure how to work that out......

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum I agree with most all of your comments. You do have some great finds and I would be sure to look at the quality of the people you do get responses from and not just the quantity. On the issue of the Madonna type members here, I too get sick of what I call the "Damsel's in Distress" and the testosterone driven responses that follow. It's gets so melodramatic at times I have gotten myself in trouble with the mods for some of my comments. Another product of these type of people is the fact the thread continues to grow due to themselves continuing to comment on their own thread which bumps it back to the top and in front of many 1st page viewers. I also find that these members tend not to take constructive criticism very well. Then right away others think you are bashing them. These are the "Knight's in Shining Armor" Guess everyone has a different opinion on everyone in a public forum. Hunter

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum I agree with most all of your comments. You do have some great finds and I would be sure to look at the quality of the people you do get responses from and not just the quantity. On the issue of the Madonna type members here, I too get sick of what I call the "Damsel's in Distress" and the testosterone driven responses that follow. It's gets so melodramatic at times I have gotten myself in trouble with the mods for some of my comments. Another product of these type of people is the fact the thread continues to grow due to themselves continuing to comment on their own thread which bumps it back to the top and in front of many 1st page viewers. I also find that these members tend not to take constructive criticism very well. Then right away others think you are bashing them. These are the "Knight's in Shining Armor" Guess everyone has a different opinion on everyone in a public forum. Hunter
You are spot on. I have noticed them repeatedly commenting on their own posts as well to bump it up, but what can you do? I just don't feed into it. I would have loved to seen those comments that got you in trouble lol. I've had to stop myself several times from making smart comments.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try not to worry too much about the lack of comments mangrum. I don't get to detect much so therefore I'm not posting many pictures of what I find. I do like supporting others here though and am amazed at what some find that live in the East find,fascinating.Thread bumpers can be annoying as all get out though,no matter what sex they are and you are right to not feed into it.Sometimes people just want to hear their gums flap together and some have to have the last word.Sometimes posts get a lot of hits because they're just so "out there" and its fun to chime in,we all need to just blow off a little steam every now and then.I do think Jeff-Gordon's avatar is hot on any given day though. Today ..eh not so much.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Tara Shipp

Jun 3, 2013
I can't figure out how to use this app at all I have ALOT of treasure so to speak I know nothing about!!! Bear with me I'm completely new and have absolutely no experience with this!;)

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey. Mr magnum.

I would make you a deal...I will trade you my trashy finds for your keepers...then you can post my trash and enjoy all the comments from the kind folks who will try to encourage you...and I will sell your finds for some battery money so I can keep detecting in this treasure forsaken, beach-less, battlefield-less, boring corner of Hoosierland...been detecting here 35 years, still waiting for one killer relic, still lookin' for my first gold ring!...I do appreciate the rant, and am happy for a forum to do so...but if you really want something to rant about try diggin' all summer here in SW Indiana: 90% Ohio River Valley humidity, 100+ degrees, and rock hard, drought condition dirt...Dig, AAAAUUURRRGGGGH! Dig, AAAAUUURRGGGGH, Dig...Yep...another pull tab....just sayin'

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Most hunters can't identify with great finds as all they find isn't. So they collect and display stuff many here wouldn't talk of.
I might be posting some trash, junk, stuff soon also as I got permission to hunt an old school house where if found, stuff might be displayed after the restoration along with old photos. But that's history junk.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where as i agree with you on some of the past posts getting more attention then they deserved , i have to say who are you to say your find because it is older or worth more deserves more attention or is a better find ? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder . i would love to find some of the stuff you have , but i am tickled pink with my 1914 trade token and 1915 printing plate . wish i could have kept the 1860's CW button that the land owner wanted .
you have some awesome finds and should be proud no matter how much we drool over them and virtually pat you on the back.
talk about alot of posts and alot of drama go to cache hunting section and see the bickering and arguing going on over there and running posts on forever . i would much rather see a post of 20 pages where some one has found something " they " think is cool and want it IDed then 20 pages of chest thumping , name calling and insults that just barely slide under the bar of being against the rules .

so again i say , keep digging and keep posting , be proud be happy and keep on keeping on.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't figure out how to use this app at all I have ALOT of treasure so to speak I know nothing about!!! Bear with me I'm completely new and have absolutely no experience with this!;)

lmao ..good one.If only you would grow 3 feet taller,put on bout 300lbs and STOP shaving....well...I would help you out and come to your rescue.Good luck and welcome to tnet !!!!btw....aint I sumpin?just look at me...dam...dont hate me cause I'm beautiful

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hang in there Tara and welcome to Treasurenet.Bigfoot I envy your golden tresses.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lmao ..good one.If only you would grow 3 feet taller,put on bout 300lbs and STOP shaving....well...I would help you out and come to your rescue.Good luck and welcome to tnet !!!!btw....aint I sumpin?just look at me...dam...dont hate me cause I'm beautiful

Now that is freakin' funny!:notworthy:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HEY, will you guys get out of the way. Tara just stepped into the room and she has an important question:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread