Anyone else frustrated here???

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a guy on here a 3 or 4 years ago, who eventually got kicked off, that would make tongue-in -cheek comments about some people's meager "finds" posts. Then he would mock them by making his own "finds" post showing a rusty nail, a modern penny and a pulltab with the words "This is what I found today!". Many oldtimers here will probably remember who I'm talking about.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kicked off?dam....I was thinkin of doin the same thing.....hey mods....can I post hunks of junk and demand attention?really...a real question.I think funny is funny

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"headlines" I find Titles of threads are what catches my Eye.

For the post part I don't see Avatars till I'm in the threads

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"headlines" I find Titles of threads are what catches my Eye.

For the post part I don't see Avatars till I'm in the threads

not fair and not what I asked.We can all see that I am beautiful....my cross to bear...I accept that.can I post some of the better pull tabs I have found and ask if they may be explosive?..:dontknow:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yeah Tara we will be watching for your finds which will all be nice I'm sure.
Mangum, the first thing noticed is the title, say something like "Find of the Century". You'll get
lots of attention then.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Trash and clad (& yes I mean trash, stuff I would throw away) get a lot of replies to. Granted there are great finds that get the attention they deserve but I have had some great relic hunts that barely get noticed.

"You can't account for taste" or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as several folks have alluded to. I have a buddy that quit posting because couldn't understand how a common three ringer got way more attention then his nice looking colonial copper. How about our European members that post these incredible thousand year old relics that barely get a response! They must think we are morons! Well we may be morons but that isn't the point. The fact is that "People are gonna like what they are gonna like."

I say keep posting. At least post the stuff you really like. There will always be a good number of forum members that will appreciate what you posted even if they did not comment. One thing I've noticed it is easy to miss "good" postings. You just get too busy, don't visit the site for a few days and you just don't have the time to scroll back and look at every post.

Last edited:

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
It's also frustrating that more users don't bother signing up so they can post. As an example: 2559 users online. 368 members and 2191 guests............GRiley

This is why I never post what I find or where I hunt. What the lurkers don't know... don't hurt them! I have too much time in research and getting permission, Im not giving that up to someone else.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has always been said that a picture is worth a thousand words,....having said that, be glad with the quality of your finds, and the information that they garner. Personally, I find that I read more than I post, although I'm sure that some will disagree. The information on this site is totally invaluable. Stay the coarse, we're with you!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one will always look at your posts although I may not comment on it I enjoy the info you supply with your post.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take great photos, tell a good story and put time into composing threads... Many have 0 replies... Frustrating but oh well.

I could create attention getting threads that will go on for several pages but they aren't allowed on T-Net.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take great photos, tell a good story and put time into composing threads... Many have 0 replies... Frustrating but oh well.

I could create attention getting threads that will go on for several pages but they aren't allowed on T-Net.

I bet you could....if you ever get a wild hair.....I got yer back(not that it will help)

dirt-y_girl

May 30, 2013
Magnum I agree with most all of your comments. You do have some great finds and I would be sure to look at the quality of the people you do get responses from and not just the quantity. On the issue of the Madonna type members here, I too get sick of what I call the "Damsel's in Distress" and the testosterone driven responses that follow. It's gets so melodramatic at times I have gotten myself in trouble with the mods for some of my comments. Another product of these type of people is the fact the thread continues to grow due to themselves continuing to comment on their own thread which bumps it back to the top and in front of many 1st page viewers. I also find that these members tend not to take constructive criticism very well. Then right away others think you are bashing them. These are the "Knight's in Shining Armor" Guess everyone has a different opinion on everyone in a public forum. Hunter

I haven't posted much yet, as I'm pretty new, but I have been responding back to my posts just to thank the people that do respond, so they know they are appreciated. I never even knew it bumped you up. I would try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I hardly ever say nice find ..good boy......It is a waste of my time .....

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted much yet, as I'm pretty new, but I have been responding back to my posts just to thank the people that do respond, so they know they are appreciated. I never even knew it bumped you up. I would try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Don't get me wrong......and by all means if you have something to contribute to the subject of the thread then go for it. I'm certain not ever one who responds to the thread they've started intends to do it for the purpose of bumping, Some are more obvious than others.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with replying to a thread you made, we are a forum. Post and don't be concerned about how many replies you get or don't get, TN isn't Facebook....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just very thankful when I find something that I think is worth posting, those don't come along everyday for me. If people aren't awed enough to respond, then nerts to them. It doesn't negate the fact that I like what I found.

Old as Dirt

May 19, 2013
Crest Hill, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I need to vent. I put a lot of time & effort cleaning, photographing and typing up posts of my finds. I get frustrated when I get only 3-4 replies on something & mind you I'm not posting garbage, I do find some good stuff. It grinds my gears when say a ? about a memorial penny gets 30 replies or a common wheatie or mercury dime. Trash and clad (& yes I mean trash, stuff I would throw away) get a lot of replies to. Granted there are great finds that get the attention they deserve but I have had some great relic hunts that barely get noticed.

I've noticed another thing as well. If an attractive woman posts anything (who knows if the profile pics are even real) they get A TON of replies and attention & honestly a lot if stuff they are digging is pure garbage. Has anyone else noticed this? It's irritating to say the least. I'm not putting women down by any means, there are some great female hunters that make some amazing finds. BUT how can a huge piece of nondescript iron or an old tin can get 30+ replies? Then when I post good relics with a lot of history & research behind them, I get maybe 5 or 6?

I'm to the point where posting in Today's finds is more trouble than its worth. I don't have a huge ego but I do like to see what people think of my finds. I do my part as well, I post comments whenever I get some free time. It's almost similar to posting something on eBay, very time consuming. I guess the only reason I will still post is so I have a record of my finds. The what is it forum is invaluable but Today's Finds has me a bit frustrated.

Ok well I'm done venting, glad I can do so! Not trying to be negative but that's how I'm starting to feel! HH!

Mangum,
I try to read everyone's posts and view their finds. I don't always comment, because quite frankly, I am new to metal detecting, and still getting acquainted with my Garrett Ace 350. I have found a few things, but nothing compared to awesome finds of others. I try to gather as much knowledge, from all the pros on here that I can, so if I never congratulate you or anyone else, it's because I am still a newbie to this wonderful hobby.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys & gals for all the input. As I said, I just needed to vent, it helps to keep my sanity (what little is left)! All these posts have made me realize that I should just be happy with what I find & not worry about replies. Although, at the same time, I do like getting them, who doesn't? I'll have to say there are also some great comedians on this site as well! I've LOLed a few times over some of these posts. Girls - better watch out for the leg humpers on here LOL!

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also updated the avatar with my real pic, the first time treasurenet has seen the true face of Mangum! (I can't bring myself to change it to a hot chick lol)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread