Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

New to the forum and been detecting for a little over a year now. Anyone else have Tennis elbow and try to swing a detector? Just recently was diagnosed with it and I have to swing left handed which wouldn't be a problem but it's almost like learning how to write off handed it sucks! :tongue3:

Trying not to use my right hand for anything so it heals faster as I have a new AT Pro being delivered Thursday and I want to spend the weekend trying it out. Anyhow just popped in to say hi and I've already spent a good deal of time in here... nice forum!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome your right not to use your elbow mine took forever to heal .happy happy hunting

Lashley

Apr 27, 2013
Lancaster Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Excalibur, Nautilus DMC II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future, after the tennis elbow is somewhat recovered, wrap the elbow with an ace bandage for support, and try to do all swing of the detector from the shoulder with the arm basically locked straight out. If the detector is heavy, consider using something to support the weight of the detector such as the detector buddy advertised on ebay, they work very well.

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont have tennis elbow but severe arthritis in most of my joints including shoulders which is difficult for me to spend too much time with the detector. I have found holding my detector stationary and moving my body instead works fairly well for me for a short time. Not the quickest way to detect but keeps my shoulders from locking up on me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread