SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love mine!!!
use mine on land AND snorkelling and had a BANNER FIND after just a few outings!

beware though, it will target everything - this is WHY I bought mine, and deep too!

I have used mine on land too without issue.
I always use it on no discrim (does it even work?) and no elimination.

When snorkelling, it often hums & squeaks a bit, so every now and again I sweep my wedding band across it and it settles down - no real issue.
even if you don't do this, a good target will sound out no mistake!!
Enjoy!!

OP
OP
B

BrotherAl

Dec 24, 2010
Bartonsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thx for the info.. interesting that you do not use discriminate... you must pick up lots of pull tabs?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx for the info.. interesting that you do not use discriminate... you must pick up lots of pull tabs?

luckily for me, I MD in areas that have not been inhabited for 100's of years, and what little tourists pass through my chosen sites don't leave much trash.

For example, in one outing (about 2 hours) I dug 15 shot / musket balls and ONE bottle cap.
If I MD back in the States I sometimes switch to the AT Pro, but still tend to dig everything out of curiosity!

good luck - please let me know how you get on??

OP
OP
B

BrotherAl

Dec 24, 2010
Bartonsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did some testing yesterday... with pull tab, tin, iorn, copper, silver and small gold ring. I noticed that if I discriminate out the pull tab that the copper, and silver still register with a slightly lower tone than the tin and iorn, the gold ring, however, did not register at all. I see what you mean by using no discrimination... would have missed the gold ring altogether. I also noticed that the iron and tin gave me banging high tone hits and the gold and silver slightly lower. Since I have tinnitus, wondered if you hear the same difference.
Thx Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread