New AT Pro...Questions...

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. i just recently got a new AT Pro and have only tried it out for a couple hours so far. But it seems to be really noce and I like it alot so far.

Of course I do not yet have the experience to decipher all the tones this cool unit can give off while detecting as I am used to the ACE 350 which only has a few different tones total. The other thing is the Pro has the digital readout numbers for the target as well and I will need to learn them also.

So far today I have found a bunch of coins with it as well as some fishing sinkers and a pull tab or two. Much less tabs than I dug with the 350 though. So as I am detecting today I started to notice that the tabs are reading out around 50 - 53 range and I confirmed the by digiing signals in that range an all were tabs. However I did notice that a few places I would get a decent signal of 35 - 40 or so and was curious as the what they would be. i didnt dig any of those signals because they were deep 10+ inches acording to the display and the area they were in was full of old tree roots crossing over each other and making it impossible to dig there without serious digging equipment

Does anyone with experience on ghe Pro know what normally rings up in the 35 - 40 range?

Oh and I was set on Pro mode custom default settings.

Thanks...

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your AT Pro! There are several threads on here concerning the AT Pro. Your best bet is to do a search for AT Pro settings.

OP
OP
Atomic Ed

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I should have thought of that before posting. Guess I just got all excited about it coming back from my first try today. So far I really like the machine alot and I am going to learn all I can about it.

Thanks..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
on your new puppy Atomic Ed!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will find when you hit a solid 52 signal it will be a nickel. After you have found a few nickels you will recognize the distinct sound for a nickel. There is no fading or bouncing with a nickel. To answer your question in the 35 -40 range it is most likely iron. A signal of 40 could be a hollow 14k ring but doubtful below that it is either foil or probably a nail

OP
OP
Atomic Ed

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. So far this machine is amazing to me and seems to work very good.

It will take me some time to figure out all the different sounds and what there for, but I appreciate the info you gave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread