HELP--------- turned happy ending 2/6

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well mounted my sun ray probe to my xlt but before I did so made sure the machine was working OK (had been having problems with the screen not coming on or doing crazy things) any who it worked fine, I connected all the plugs and took it outside to test both MD and probe again all fine in fact first spot I tested i pulled a wheat penny (go figure must be good luck) turned the machine off took it back inside and the MD seems to be doing the same wacky thing (its not the battery) no screen but it will cycle on called whites told em I did buy it used (honesty is best) and the machine was serviced in July 06 new screen, keyboard everything and tuned

Well they gave me another number to call an the person but he (the boss wasn't in) hope they repair this on the cuff and chalk it up to good customer service because if i have to pay Ill never get another white product.
Buy the way it was tested before and after shipment no problems and worked for a couple of wees NP but all of a sudden -------- problems
the machine was never left in my car except to hunt and always kept in a hard case never abused

I'm far from being independently wealthy to afford another machine and even pour more money into this one hope they make it right will keep you all posted

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Re: HELP

Sounds like the connector to the screen is coming out or not connected very well. I don't know abut the Whites detectors buy on most electronic devices these days have a ribbon cable pushed into a slot to LCD screens or from the LCD screen to the circuit board. Might be a simple thing like that which is easy to fix without parts. Keep your fingers crossed. I've have also heard good things about the company. Good Luck.

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star

Bill...

Could it be the cold weather? I know my old BH screen would stop working if it was too cold outside..The detector would still work
but no display.

Just a thought
ZoSo71

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

thought so last time it was half out (ribbon cable) this time its in place maybe the connector is screwed up and is not making contact that fix is easy 13.00 Ill make the repair then un solder it and re do it with the new part
has nothing to do with the cold fact asked whites that as well they said nope ??? ??? ??? ???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is probably not this, but you have to check. Look at your batteries, is one turned wrong so your not getting the correct voltage.

This is the main reason I never recomemd buying used electronic equipement like metal detectors. When someone sells something used, you may be buying someone else's troubles. Ask yourself why they aren't keeping it as a backup or give it to a relative.

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

normally I would never buy used except the xlt was refurbished by whites

1/26 update found the people at whites helpfull call the service repair place and because I am a certified in electronics ( yet another hobby) they will let me do a few things which i will atempt to repair it if that does not work I was told to mail it to them
will keep you all posted have been told whites service is excellent and so is customer relations

waaaaaaaaaaaah I want my machine
\
Bill

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

tried the repair and it didn't work whites repair in manassas va centerville electronics will do the repair and make it right all it will cost is the shipping

WOW a big thanks to Bob and those people there I'm relieved 10 fold

this is my first machine that I own (had to borrow others) I'd recommend a white to anyone after this experience and intend to let whites know as well

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
Re: HELP--------- turned happy ending 1/26

I'm happy that it all is working out for you. Good thing for winter little downtime HH

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: HELP--------- turned happy ending 1/26

actually its still not too bad here grounds only semi frozen but yea it could have happened way out of a time frame when they wouldn't repair it freebie

these repair guys in va were great

cant wait til I get it back

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Today I received a phone call my entire pod with boards, key pad and new screen should be in my hands this comming thursday a huge thanks to Bob at Centerville Electronics in VA the whites repair center for repairing this machine just out of warrenty. Its good customer service that makes me glad i bought a whites as a first machine and a huge relief on my part.

Looking forward to getting my MD back that and warmer weather

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread