So I returned my Fisher F-2 because it was defective. This is what I got back.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get on the phone with their customer service department?

OP
OP
D

darelleman

Jun 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I emailed them. I guess I'm wondering whats the protocol when something like this happens. I am starting to get really frustrated with them. Do I have to pay return shipping? If they sent my detector to another customer do I get a new one or will they just ship that one to me? Some people on another forum suggested I ask for compensation for their mistakes. Is this reasonable?

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No compensation, it was just a mistake. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't pay shipping for their mistake. And, yes it is reasonable to ask for something for your time and aggrevation!

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Deal. (ha ha) If it works. The TW-6 is worth appx. $ 750.00 from Kellyco, Like Uncle Jeff said, sell the TW-6 to a contractor and upgrade.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd think the rightful recipient would be eager to see the TW-6 show up and the company would be eager to see that the mistake was taken care of.
luvsdux

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a strange occurrence....

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should call them and they will send you a shipping label through your email and print it out and show the shipping co the print out. wont cost you anything.
I hope you sent your name and address,phone no. with the f-2 when you sent it to them so they know were to ship it when it's fixed. They also want sails slip and if you don't have it the person you bought it from can send it to them so they know it's still under warranty.
What was wrong with it ? Batteries !!!!!! No you forgot. Just kidding.

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Simple, just sell and buy a garret at pro and a pro pointer

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't buy an AT PRO and pinpointer, they are cheap. Well the pinpointer is great if it lasts. Mine lasted 10 months before it quit, but the AT PRO is cheap!!!!

Luckystiff

May 28, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75,Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://i.imgur.com/vV3XTDs.jpg

What is it and what should I do?
Really you have ask such a Dumb Question? you have two choices you do the right thing and call them and tell them they made a mistake,Or you do the wrong thing and keep it! why do you need someone else to make Moral desecions for you?? REALLY WHAT ARE YOU 3YRS old.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://i.imgur.com/vV3XTDs.jpg

What is it and what should I do?

What you should do is immediately get on the phone with Fisher Customer
Service or their shipping department. Clearly, they made an error in sending
the wrong instrument, and somewhere a commercial customer is wondering
where the hell their locator is.

Should be an "RMA" or "Return Authorization" number on the paperwork somewhere,
if not they can check by the serial number of the unit. They made an error, yes, but IMO
that does not mean the incorrect unit you received belongs to you, or that you can do with
it as you wish.

Fisher can arrange a pick-up, or send you a label and all you have to do is drop it off.

As said above...do the right thing, not the wrong.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really you have ask such a Dumb Question? you have two choices you do the right thing and call them and tell them they made a mistake,Or you do the wrong thing and keep it! why do you need someone else to make Moral desecions for you?? REALLY WHAT ARE YOU 3YRS old.

Read our rules, there is no call for insults at all..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple, just sell and buy a garret at pro and a pro pointer

No, contact Fisher...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

There is truth in the above statement. Even though it's not politically correct...God forbid. Oops, can I say "God"?

More and more topics become moral issues with this person telling that person what to do with their find...usually happens on the second or third page. And the thrill of finding the actual item takes a back seat to an eventual political/moral fight between posters.

I find myself coming to this website less and less, which is a shame, because it really is a great website as a whole. I'm not a hard-core detectorist, but I've always enjoyed browsing the topics here for a few years now. I just find myself enjoying this site less than I used to, oh well.

Anyway, back to my original point. I find nothing wrong with Luckystiff's post. Just sayin...

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
of course the right thing to do is call fisher and resolve it right away. If that thing showed up in my mail though, I would HAVE to power it up and swing it over the yard for a few minutes before I called them. I imagine if it will find deep utility pipes it could find other things. :-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is truth in the above statement. Even though it's not politically correct...God forbid. Oops, can I say "God"?

More and more topics become moral issues with this person telling that person what to do with their find...usually happens on the second or third page. And the thrill of finding the actual item takes a back seat to an eventual political/moral fight between posters.

I find myself coming to this website less and less, which is a shame, because it really is a great website as a whole. I'm not a hard-core detectorist, but I've always enjoyed browsing the topics here for a few years now. I just find myself enjoying this site less than I used to, oh well.

Anyway, back to my original point. I find nothing wrong with Luckystiff's post. Just sayin...

Point is we have rules here, and Lucky violated rules twice in his post...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions