New Metal Detecting Show

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also recognized a famous Yankee Chicago Ron glad to see you on the tube

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tumb1qfoc0w.gif They're doin what they like to do - and having fun
That SHOULD be what its all about

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show Is deff better than the others, but the woman on there needs to go. She just flat out annoying and it almost looks like her husband gets annoyed with her.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it for what it is, entertainment. I get a bit miffed about the big holes dug but I realize that this made for TV element makes shortcuts a necessity.

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is a little annoying with her overly exaggerated enthusiasm. Overall, I enjoyed the first couple of shows.

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know its entertainment at least there is a woman to represent its about time plenty of women metal detect

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dholland02 said:
Show Is deff better than the others, but the woman on there needs to go. She just flat out annoying and it almost looks like her husband gets annoyed with her.

Wow.
First off I can tell all of you that Abby is a fine lady. Her enthusiasm is not exaggerated, as she has a fun and naturally excited personality. If thats not for you then so be it.
You are spewing your opinions here and its only reflecting negatively on you as to that maybe you should check yourself .
However you need to BACK OFF as these folks are friends of mine and many other members here.

And besides Ive been married 10 years. My wife can be annoying as hell. Who's isn't from time to time?

scarlett

May 28, 2013
Missouri - ~The Show Me State~
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They all seemed to be "over acting" a bit but otherwise it was not too bad. I really liked American Digger.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
scott9050 said:
I take it for what it is, entertainment. I get a bit miffed about the big holes dug but I realize that this made for TV element makes shortcuts a necessity.

And what is this about big holes? Have you ever tried to excavate an artillery shell that may be 2-3 ft deep with a hand trowel? How about walking into a stand of woods full of rocks and roots & try to dig for a day without a proper shovel. Or walk into a massive field and dig hundreds of targets in a day with with a trowel. No you havent. Do we use massive diggers in nice lawns? No of course not. But if your a serious relic hunter then you need a serious shovel that can remove a clean plug no matter whats in the ground. A small tool :) makes a damn mess when digging tough conditions period. Plus larger plugs means more roots and less dead plugs.

Better yet try digging red clay with any silly hand digger. See how that works for ya.

ForumRunner_20130621_113853.png

ForumRunner_20130621_113945.png

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a few examples of why we use large diggers.
A civil war minnie ball at 16" deep located with a pulse induction detector in packed red clay.

ForumRunner_20130621_115707.png

How about a hut excavation revealing a patent whiskey bottle at over 2 ft

imagejpeg952_2.jpg

Here is a video of me recovering a cannonball at over 2ft deep. As well as some other fine relics being dug at extreme depths.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-NFbzKDDpFU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=-NFbzKDDpFU

This is why we use big diggers. I have 4 different sizes of large shovels and 3 different types of hand diggers. Different tools for different jobs. Simple as that

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.
First off I can tell all of you that Abby is a fine lady. Her enthusiasm is not exaggerated, as she has a fun and naturally excited personality. If thats not for you then so be it.
You are spewing your opinions here and its only reflecting negatively on you as to that maybe you should check yourself .
However you need to BACK OFF as these folks are friends of mine and many other members here.

And besides Ive been married 10 years. My wife can be annoying as hell. Who's isn't from time to time?

Last I checked this is an open forum, this is a post about opinions on the show. My opinion is that she is annoyin. If u dnt like it too freaking bad.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dholland02 said:
Last I checked this is an open forum, this is a post about opinions on the show. My opinion is that she is annoyin. If u dnt like it too freaking bad.

Right.
But your negative opinions are of the people on the show. Not of the show itself. So there in itself you've pointed out that your wrong.

Simply put, if the show annoys you. Then go to the park and search for wheaties i guess dude. That "annoying " chick would chew you up & spit you out on the ground. She has more experience with detecting and relics than half the members here, yes that includes you.

And guess what, I also (on more than one occasion )have found you to be quite annoying. Perhaps Tnet should get rid of you.? That is after all your stance

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right.
But your negative opinions are of the people on the show. Not of the show itself. So there in itself you've pointed out that your wrong.

Simply put, if the show annoys you. Then go to the park and search for wheaties i guess dude. That "annoying " chick would chew you up & spit you out on the ground. She has more experience with detecting and relics than half the members here, yes that includes you.

And guess what, I also (on more than one occasion )have found you to be quite annoying. Perhaps Tnet should get rid of you.? That is after all your stance

Well seein how I dont hunt relics, soo id hope she would have more experience than me in that.

Last I check it wasnt against the rules to say your opinion on something. Do u really think I care u think I'm annoying. Nope I don't, so if u dnt like my views on things ignore me or block me.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I only watched the teasers, which are about three minutes long...and that was to long. Over acting comes to mind, haven't seen one good metal detecting show, and that includes the ones shown here.

SS

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dholland02 said:
Well seein how I dont hunt relics, soo id hope she would have more experience than me in that.

Last I check it wasnt against the rules to say your opinion on something. Do u really think I care u think I'm annoying. Nope I don't, so if u dnt like my views on things ignore me or block me.

All you need to know is what i've previously mentioned.
Enjoy your wheaties

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Well I only watched the teasers, which are about three minutes long...and that was to long. Over acting comes to mind, haven't seen one good metal detecting show, and that includes the ones shown here.

SS
And thats fine, however,
The show is better than the teasers. There is a full episode online with the teasers now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's to our advantage they all Hoot & Hollar when they find something.

Next time one of us is doing someones property, They may say to each other,
He must be only finding trash, I didn't see him do the Jig Yet :dontknow:

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread