Detector(s) used
Minelab
gypsyheart said:
tinpan said:
Hi All, There's only the Mighty A>P digging tool. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

I totally agree!
papa said:
Yep,custom made,one by one,not stamped out by the thousands.
tinpan said:
Hi All, There's only the Mighty A>P digging tool. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Yeah, that might be totally fine with you that have been graced by him to send you one, but since the rest of use are scum, we are discussing ones that are readily available.
Thanks.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of you lucky folks have a picture of what an AP digging tool looks like?
Thanks,
MM
(Part of the other half) ;D

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
spend the cash and get a lesche standard digging tool. They are tough and has a lifetime warranty. I bought a lesche relic shark shovel as well, but I am not as happy with that, although the lesche 38D shovel looks really tough.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some pictures that AP Posted on another forum, they are very impressive!

Attachments

• index.php.jpg
    index.php.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • index1.php.jpg
    index1.php.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • index2.php.jpg
    index2.php.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,129

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The one of the Fiskars that Dave posted is a great tool also. I have used one of those for a couple of years and it is extremely tough ....cost about twelve bucks at Target.One of the best tools I have bought. I have hacked ,dug,stepped on it for leverage and thrown it....and it has held up.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I needed something until I can get my hands on an AP Original so I mosied on down to the local Lowes discount super warehouse store and picked me up this Ames 7 in 1 tool. It's got a lifetime guarantee from Ames (but lowes would take it back no problem). I figured for $15 dollars, it should get me up and running. . . . now all I ahe to do is wait for the foot and a half of snow to melt >:(

Attachments

• 7in1ames.jpg
    7in1ames.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,107

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockfshr said:
heres the one from lowes
sucks
anything thats cast steel or alum. will bust
went threw 5 before i splurged for a leasch tool
only took 6 months to crack instead of the usual 4 plugs for the crappy garden trowels ::)
same with the treasure wise busted mine in 2 months
got a new leasch in the mail now as we speak

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it in 1985 Stainless Steel blade with a Snap-On screwdriver handle. Has dug thousands of holes. Never used anything better.. Never bends or cracks. Zero $ to make.

Attachments

• 50 wheaties.jpg
    50 wheaties.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 50 wheaties.jpg
    50 wheaties.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,070

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDEKALB said:
Rockfshr said:
heres the one from lowes
sucks
anything thats cast steel or alum. will bust
went threw 5 before i splurged for a leasch tool
only took 6 months to crack instead of the usual 4 plugs for the crappy garden trowels ::)
same with the treasure wise busted mine in 2 months
got a new leasch in the mail now as we speak
This one is made from stainless, we will see how long it lasts :)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using knives that my dad used to make for 30 years. The one I use now is 13 inches long. The blade is 8 inches long and it has never failed me. I just stick the point in the ground and cut a round plug out about 6 or 8 inches across and flip the plug over and go from there. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,047

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best I ever had, I still Do

a WILKOX 22" Trawel.

I think it may have been 24" when I bought it, but I sharpen it on
a Grinder at least once a year. because I do alot of Chopping.

Nothing against AP's I just Need someting to dig Deep & Narrow
& not
Bugger My Knuckles on the sides of the holes.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Quote by CryptoDave......
Yeah, that might be totally fine with you that have been graced by him to send you one, but since the rest of use are scum, we are discussing ones that are readily available.
Thanks.

You know Dave, these things take about 3 hours of labor to make & lets not even mention the cost in materials, gas, rod, electricity, etc. I spend my lunch hours & breaks making them every damn day & give them away to appreciative members of this forum, I dont even charge shipping. No one is scum here, if I could make one for every single member I would do it without hesitation! I have a waiting list a mile long, its hard keeping all the requests straight & I appologize if you have been overlooked but please understand that i am completely overwhelmed. I dont stamp them out on a machine, they are hand made & each one is unique & different from the last, quality takes time. Once again I appologize & hope there arent any ill feelings toward me by you or any other members. :)

MightyAP

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have arisen from the depths of scumdom. Mighty AP has pulled me up by my suspenders and offered to make me a digging tool. Even though I said it wasn't necessary, he wouldn't take no for an answer. I'm thrilled just to be on the list. Thanks Mighty AP Man for descuming me! ;D When it arrives I will cherish it right along with my best finds, a truly noble gesture. Mighty Monty

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Mighty AP said:
Quote by CryptoDave......
Thanks.

You know Dave, these things take about 3 hours of labor to make & lets not even mention the cost in materials, gas, rod, electricity, etc. I spend my lunch hours & breaks making them every damn day & give them away to appreciative members of this forum, I dont even charge shipping. No one is scum here, if I could make one for every single member I would do it without hesitation! I have a waiting list a mile long, its hard keeping all the requests straight & I appologize if you have been overlooked but please understand that i am completely overwhelmed. I dont stamp them out on a machine, they are hand made & each one is unique & different from the last, quality takes time. Once again I appologize & hope there arent any ill feelings toward me by you or any other members. :)

MightyAP

I didn't mean it to sound as bad as it must have come off. Just being my normal smart a$$ self. No offense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread