Leopard Shot In Indiana

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have 2 Bear stories. the first, I was walking on an old mining road, with my head down, Looking at tracks thinking I wonder if these are bear tracks. all of a sudden just to the top of my Eye Sight something caught My attention & I looked up to have a semi Large black Bear immediately in front of me standing on his hind legs . Yes I almost walked into him. I of course Froze. He came down on all fours. I Didn't turn away, But I think I did step back a couple paces & as I did he turned & weighed his odds of running, or climbing I think :laughing7: but all of a sudden he walked in a tight circle in front of me and sat down :o after I got my breath back I backed up slowly turned around and walked home. second time I was sitting in the Parking lot at the Bar I worked at waiting for the owner to show up and a bear walked out of the woods to the right of me & headed directly towards the Passenger door of my car. when he reached me he walked to the front. as he reached the front of my car, I tried to wind my window down, & as I moved he looked in my windshield from the front of my car, saw me & Spooked running off to the left & into the woods. So as I say. It is very hard to convince me Bears are anything more then Large neighborhood cats, roaming around for a free meal. I suppose Hunters like to be able to say "it was either him or Me" When showing off that Mount :laughing7:, But personally I think Bear are the easiest Game once you see them. & No I am not a "Bear hugger" or any other animal Hugger to be honest. just don't kill off all the Cows & pigs. Meat costs too much as it is :laughing7:
Jeff,so you are going to base your judgement of all bears on your two occurrences?Really? I am not saying any animals are blood thirsty and out to hunt down man,what I will say is that all animals(predators)main goal is to breed,protect and eat,and eat usually comes first.Do not kid yourself that we...humans are on the menu,are we preferred?"No,"given the opportunity though....also if either of those bears would have felt cornered bet your azz they would have been dangerous.Also,that bear not running from you isnt a natural action...do you really think that bear just wanted to be "friends"?I am not about wiping out all of anything either...far from it,I will however speak up when people are viewing wildlife through Rose colored glass's.I have seen the "bad",side,and am here to tell you that Mother Nature knows no "Humane",either

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the whole leopard deal........they were never here in N.America,so they obviously came from a Zoo,or a private collection.Not good....all our native cats need is more competition....house cats are bad enough!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,so you are going to base your judgement of all bears on your two occurrences?Really? I am not saying any animals are blood thirsty and out to hunt down man,what I will say is that all animals(predators)main goal is to breed,protect and eat,and eat usually comes first.Do not kid yourself that we...humans are on the menu,are we preferred?"No,"given the opportunity though....also if either of those bears would have felt cornered bet your azz they would have been dangerous.Also,that bear not running from you isnt a natural action...do you really think that bear just wanted to be "friends"?I am not about wiping out all of anything either...far from it,I will however speak up when people are viewing wildlife through Rose colored glass's.I have seen the "bad",side,and am here to tell you that Mother Nature knows no "Humane",either

LOL wanted to be friends ? No :tongue3: animals do not have feelings like human beings do. any Feelings people Imagine an animal showing, are just that , Imagination.

I agree an animals main goals are to breed,protect and eat.

I'm just saying , other then Dogs most will not attack humans without provocation.
yet Dogs are allowed pets :o

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....all wildlife are dangerous at any given moment...does that mean kill em all?Heck no!!Realize and understand there abilities,and do not underestimate their intents

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nteresting story real quick...everybody knows the dangers a wild boar pose...the only animal discussed on here where nobody was in an outcry not to kill it,when the fellow from over the pond was attacked(had it been anything else there would have been a number that would have screamed to let it live no matter what it had done) Most people also know how destructive they are....they cause hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions to agriculture every year...one of my tasks in my past career was to kill these offending hogs(never meeting success)Well on a ranch where I happened to be doing other work and the hogs were not really hurting anything,I in a round about way made "friends"with a rather large boar.I would bring him apples,figs or whatever else I might have and that pig(pigs are only second to chimps on the intelligence scale)knew my truck,and would come to meet me never fail.He was literally like a dog.It was quite a site to see him come running and run circles and buck like an excited child!Well one day,he had ate all I had to give and he wanted more.....he weighed probably 350+.I was walking back to the door to leave when he "struck",my leg,with his tusk,it wasnt an aggressive strike,but it cut me 6" up my calf,obviously took some stitches!He was merely trying to get my attention,that he wanted more and he didnt want me to leave

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are talking preditors........now black bears will generally move out of our way, but if it is a mom with a cub, or you startle a bear; or if it is hungry......
Not saying you need to hunt them all down, on the other hand, you need to protect yourself and talking or yelling to a preditor is not likely to benefit you......a 45 or 357 or other will get your point across.......and hopefully resolve the problem animal for good.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Black bear attacks woman in northern Minnesota - KMSP-TV

Wisconsin Bear Attack Leaves Man In Hospital

Black bear attacks elderly bedridden woman in New Mexico

320px-Beardanger.JPG
List of fatal bear attacks in North America

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona or New York,there are none and never has been any wild Leopards in NORTH AMERiCA

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen many either. I'm assuming its because they are nocturnal as I've see hundreds and hundreds of tracks. Saw some just yesterday. I did see a big healthy black bear last month at 9AM. By the time I'd leashed my dogs he was gone. Oddly enough they shot one in Seaside,CA 2 weeks ago. It wasn't 1/4 mile from my old house. Seems the Seaside PD didn't know when DFG was going to show up so they wasted it. Shame as the DFG district offices were 10 minutes away.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are. Thats why nobody will admit they are in the USA. I have never seen a bear in the wild.
??? nobody with any smarts is denying that Jaguars are not in the US because they are and have been....fact is the last FEMALE was killed in 1962.There is however NOT herds of Black felines...there is no breed of Black Cat...there is Melanism that is more prone in Jaguars.....

.......I am having Groundhog Day visions Number9!!!!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"There is however NOT herds of Black felines..."

Yes, there is... they all traveled South.. they're not stupid!!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions