CHEAP Headphones

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
I recently tested a theory I'd been wondering about. Taking a 'Dollar Store' type pair of light headphones and plugging in a 1/4" adapter I found they work just great. It sure beats wearing the heavy/bulky not to mention expensive and dorky looking 'Eagle' headphones I had been relying on to save battery strength.... For me this was a huge turning point since the others were such a burden in more ways than one. At the beach I used to feel like along with those old headphones I should also be wearing a pocket protector! 8)
HH
-spyguy

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Just be aware of what's going on around you when you ware headphones.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I like the bulky headphones especially at the beach as they block out unwanted noise and lets me hear even the smallest change in sound my machine might produce. It also keeps me from being pestered while I concentrate on detecting. But like papa said, you just need to keep a eye out of the surroundings from time to time for you own protection. I am glad the light headphones work for you! Also, I have used the light headphones before just prefer the earmuff ones now.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spyguy,
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get a pair of headphones, so I'll give it a shot. Did you get the adapter at Radio Shack?
-MM-

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmercal said:
I like the bulky headphones especially at the beach as they block out unwanted noise and lets me hear even the smallest change in sound my machine might produce. It also keeps me from being pestered while I concentrate on detecting. But like papa said, you just need to keep a eye out of the surroundings from time to time for you own protection. I am glad the light headphones work for you! Also, I have used the light headphones before just prefer the earmuff ones now.
I agree, quality headphones are a must.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
the only problem with the 1/8 plugs is they go bad pretty quick .I have about 3 sets, sets I had for years laying around an in a few months they are all in need of repair. My biggest proble is finding a set you can wear sunglasses with an not put pressure on your head were thet touch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread