Kind of like a newbie

sonny0065

Jan 10, 2007
warner robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hi all. I'm kind of like a newbie because I bought my first MD 1965 (DETEX). I didn't find much but junk. I kinda of lost interest after a while, didn't know what I was doing. In 1970 I bought a Whites, I forget what model. Kept it until a few years ago then gave it to my son. I lost interest again. Am retired now and plenty of time so I bought a Whites MXT. I have MDed a few times and enjoyed the looking and being out. This time I've got the fever. I am researching some places now. I tell you all this for background. I've still got a lot to learn, like a newbie. So any pointers and info you can give me would be a great help to me. I have been reading this site for a few weeks and really enjoy it. Sorry this i so long. Thank you for reading it. Sonny

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Reasearch - Reasearch - research, that about covers it.
Is the Air Force Base still there? I was stationed there in the early 70's.

OP
OP
S

sonny0065

Jan 10, 2007
warner robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hi PAPA. Thanks for answering. Yes the base is still here, bigger then ever. I was in the AF from 1959 to 1979. Was never stationed here though. Lack of reearch was probably why I didnt stick to MDing in the past. I am researching the history of Houston co now. First whites started moving her about 1821, indians her then. Thanks for advise. I need all advise I can get. Sonny

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Sonny the best advice I can give you is use the technology that is available these days. That means get a pinpointer to help you find those coins in the side of the hole. This not only ensures you don't leave a good target behind but gives you more time to find goodies by not spending so much time getting just one. I have been at it on and off for better than 20 years and the pinpointer is the best new thing I seen come along in a while. Good Luck.

Cal

OP
OP
S

sonny0065

Jan 10, 2007
warner robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Thank you, Farmercal. I'm gonna buy a pinpointer this coming week. I went MDing with a person a week or so ago who had a pinpointer. Its sure a lot faster. HH sonny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread