Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Voltage / Performance

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    154 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Voltage / Performance

The old British deep seeker the Arado 120b always ran smoother as the batteries ran down. I'll have a look at the patent and see what regulator was used.

ca
    Aug 2015
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Fisher F75 SE Camo (v.2-DST upgraded) Fisher CZ21 Fisher CZ6a Whites DFX Whites MX5 Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.) White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod) White's 6000/di Pro SL BH Land Star
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    Surprised nobody uses li-poly's yet, small ,light and large capacity.. Same as used in many cell phone and laptops.. I fly rc electric planes... Each cell is 3.7 volts and a 3 cell 11.1 volts, 2100 mah's only weigh less than 4 oz.
    Also batteries hooked in series (+ to- -to +) double the voltage.. Batteries in parallel (+ to+ - to - ) the voltage stay the same but the continuous Ah's( amp hours)( how many amps can be drawn at one time) and mah doubles.. So it depend on how the batteries are hooked into the circuts of the detector..
    ( power consumpsion of the detector in Ah's is like the milage you get in you car)
    (Mah's = milli amp hours or the capacity of the battery think of it like how much gas you can put in your car gas tank..)
    So it depend on how many amp hours the detector uses (Power consumpsion) to how long the batteries will last until the voltage drop off shows low level on the battery meter..
    Most batteries lose 1 to 2 volt immediately in use and then stabilize at a working voltage..
    Hope this info will help..
    Li Po batteries are more volatile and prone to failure and fire if handled roughly.
    They produce a charge more suited for RC cars etc. and are not easy to get shipped
    due to their volatility.

I recently bought a 3D printed battery case for my DFX on ebay that holds 3
    Tenergy 18650 lithium ion batteries @ 3.7 volts each and 3500 maH (protected)
    They produce 13 Volts after a charge and so far have depleted to 12.7 Volts
    after 7 hours of hunting.
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    Sholom Aleichem

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Cajun Country
    Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer
    191 times
    Metal Detecting
    If y'all are interested I did a battery test awhile back with a few types of batteries. Probably more than you want to know, but it's what I do. Starts at bottom page 1.

Need input on true 9v rechargeable batteries

Last edited by Clay Slayer; May 15, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Evolution stopped when stupidity became painless...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links