Garrett Headphone Issue

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Bought an AT Pro last month, put @40 hours on it. Today the audio in one ear of the headphones went completely dead and wouldn't come back. The volume adjustment on them seems squirrely to begin with, but now have only one ear of audio. Because of the special bayonet connectors they use,I can't test them on any of my other machines, or try any other phones on the AT Pro. Have you ever had an issue with your Garrett headphones that come in the adventure pack? Nothing to do with them but send them back? Thanks! Good Luck, Mike(Iowa).

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm guessing one of the wires on the speaker has come loose. It's easy to re-solder.
Haven't had problems with my Garrett headphones, but I had the same issue with a different brand.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a spike in problems with Garrett equipment? Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My at pro has an audio issue as well. Plugged in the headphones, works fine, unplug them, audio on the machine drops to 10% normal volume and is stuck there. Not sure if the problems are related, but its a pain.

OP
OP
Mike(Iowa)

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
I'm all taken care of. Called Garrett, they are providing me awesome response, i will be back in business in no time. Was thinking I'd need to bust out the soldering iron, glad I don't need to pill that out of retirement. Thanks to garrett for fantastic customer service!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread