Not open for further replies.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Mohamed, from Egypt, sends a message to us all:

"To my American friends, let this be known and clear to the US public and please spread the word since your media is failing to deliver an accurate portal of what has happened in Egypt - this was NOT a military coup. Instead the masses called on the aid of our military to rid our country of, yes, a democratically elected president who lost his legitimacy when he overstepped his power and pushed through an illegitimate constitution. He continued to break the law and put his men in positions of power throughout the Egypt. He only answers to the supreme leader of the Brotherhood, he's been their puppet from the start; only working for his party's advancement. Had we had a system of checks and balances (with an acting parliament and a judiciary that was 'accepted' by Morsi) we could have pursued impeachment, but instead we had to resort to another revolution. This is the greatest victory against nonsecular and radical Islamic rule the world has ever seen and the same will follow in Tunisia, Algeria and hopefully one day in Iran. This is the moderate Islamic voice the world has been waiting to hear and for some reason western media seems timid to show the slightest support, it truly makes me wonder who funds these channels and what else they hide and skew. The streets are filled with people celebrating, even more than when Mubarak stepped down... It is truly incredible. We hope and pray that these next few days pass in peace and reconciliation can take place as we plan for a better future InshAllah."

Thanks for your consideration,

Ammo

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammo, let your friend Mohamed know, there are some reports of the people overthrowing the Brotherhood.
Some, but not many, understand the difference between moderate and radical Muslim, they tend to lump them all in to one pile.
I am glad to hear, that the good people of Egypt have the courage, to stand up against these radical oppressors! Thank you!
May your victory be swift and your celebrations and growth last for generations!

قد alaha فيك khooba تسود , May Alaha bless you and Khooba prevail!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your insight. I too wonder about U.S. media reporting all the time.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you for your insight. I too wonder about U.S. media reporting all the time.
Mainstream media is not "reporting" they haven't for years. To get an accurate reporting of the news you need to go to websites like theblaze.com or drudgereport.com
Forget news like msnbc or cbs...

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
I wonder if we get back the 1.5 billion aid our president gave the brotherhood a few months ago. When will America take care of Americans?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us knew the Muslim Brotherhood is the enemy of the people of Egypt as well as the enemy of America...... We were against our so called president and his lackeys give military aid to the Muslim Brotherhood from the very beginning..... Egypt is not America's enemy, the Muslim Brotherhood is our enemy, our prayers go out to all the Egyptian people striving to be free again.......

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully this time the people will get a truly representative govt.

OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mydog and TH ... you are confused about the nature of the aid you're describing.

There was a time when the US Congress considered halting existing aid agreements, but did NOT do so. Obama considered--if Congress did indeed stop the aid provided for in the Camp David Accords--providing ulterior aid to the country for the same purposes. Yet that is a MUTE POINT because the US never ceased the existing agreements.

The aid currently given to Egypt began in 1978. It is predominately military in nature (where such funds must be used to purchase from US contractors and agencies). That is where the F-16s and tanks came from--budgetary purchases not gifts, per se.

And what do we get for our close military associate with Egypt? Priority passage for military and some commercial vessels in the Suez Canal. We get stability with Israel. We get a strong and long military link. We get a military that is by and large favorable to the US.

Let us consider how the Egyptian military is now, for the second time since the Arab Spring, giving the Egyptian nation back to the Egyptian people! How phenomenal is that!

Perspective, friends. Perspective!

-Ammo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammo, I am against our country giving military aid to Egypt as long as the Muslim Brotherhood is in power....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
Our president and his family is on a 100
Million$$$ taxpayer funded African safari while Americans suffer. I wouldn't expect he would understand how 1.5 billion given to Muslim terrorist could benifit struggling suffering Americans. Ammo justify it how you will, but it's wrong to give money to terrorist at the expense of Americans.

OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammo, I am against our country giving military aid to Egypt as long as the Muslim Brotherhood is in power....

The preponderance of aid is military. And while you might say it was going to the Mursi government (under the flag of the Muslim Brotherhood) it was military aid. It went to the military.

What's more, it's not like we just write Egypt a check and say, "You should really spend it like this." No. We approve their budgetary choices and provide their equipment and training. They get VERY little cash aid in had (if any). Thus, our aid is not and was not supporting the Brotherhood rule.

I've heard same US-is-backing-the-Brotherhood rhetoric from propaganda-influenced common folk in Egypt, too.

-Ammon

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
Ammo your thoughts on Obamas 100 million taxpayer funded African safari, at a time when Americans are told by Obama we all must sacrifice?

OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mydog,

I appreciate the dilemma. America has needs as well. But remember, this aid is required to be spent on US products and services! The money never really leaves the US, only our products do.

As for $100 million-trip ... I'm opposed. There are many and diverse uses for those funds that would be more beneficial to Americans (or humanity in general) than that.

-Ammo

Last edited:

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
we're borrowing money from china and taking money from hardworking taxpayers to give to other countries......I see

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ammo, a great portion of the American people support the military RESCUE of the Egyptian people. The Brotherhood was in power far too long, and the good people of Egypt risked their lives for months in protest.

We may never know the extent of the atrocities imposed on your friends during this period.

And a great portion of the American people DID NOT support our government's aid to the Brotherhood. Yes he did, Obama supported terrorists.

OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we're borrowing money from china and taking money from hardworking taxpayers to give to other countries......I see

I don't think you do see it yet. I've stated it twice. Now for a third: The money is spent in America. It provides for American jobs!

I hope that is succinct enough.

If anything, the money is taken from taxpayers and given to military contractors. That's a completely separate problem.

-Ammo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ammonhotep

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a great portion of the American people DID NOT support our government's aid to the Brotherhood. Yes he did, Obama supported terrorists.

Please document this assertion. Do not suggest that funding from the Camp David Accords entails terrorist support by Obama, because it clearly does not. First, the agreements were in place long before Obama. Seconds, as I've stated, the money never really leaves the US. Third, the products benefited the Egyptian Army which was, is, and will long be opposed to the Muslim Brotherhood. In this case it is clear the the CDA monies, if anything, were employed to OUST the Muslim Brotherhood from power.

So, again, what is this aid that was given to the Muslim Brotherhood? Documentation, please.

-Ammo

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Obama, praised and supported Morsi...

Status
Not open for further replies.