Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks I'm just going to throw this out there an see what you think , I'm not sure if I'm in a rut or at a end ....I've found I just have no ambission to go out an hunt ,did I get spoiled fionding good stuff an now that it seems the last dozen or so outings only produced clad ....I dunno ....I meen I still look for those ""great"" spots when I'm out and I still say yep I'm going in the morning or tonight when it cools off but when the time comes I just feel blah about going ...... Well folks there it , thats my problem .

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've gotten to that point with different hobbies. Usually, I take a break, then make myself go do it, and the thrill usually comes back, but not always.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank take a break. If you feel pressured it is never fun. Just hunt for yourself also and do not worry about always finding the best. Keep it fun is my motto. If I want to go I go If I don't thats cool to. You are a good hunter don't worry about it.:thumbsup:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might of over did your spots. Find some new grounds and the thrill will come back when you hit the mother load on a new spot. It has happened to me in the past. HH,rock

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've kept the passion high for almost 30 years but there are certain periods during the year when I'd rather not hunt.
I have spots that I will hunt again but I don't want to right now because the conditions are not too favourable.
They're grown in, guarded by swarms of mosquitoes and it's too hot to be fully dressed and I'd rather not put that smelly spray on.
When I get the urge to relic hunt, I think of those factors and say "Nah!"
I can find tons of clad but do not have the motivation to brave the heat for just change very often. I'd rather work at my job when it comes to money and only relic hunting really motivates me.
It is nice to hit the beach, cool off and possibly find some gold. I also like hopping in my canoe and scout for potential sites to hunt for when it's more suitable to bush crash.
It's good to branch out on your interests.
When I need a break from relic hunting I go on a no-brainer clad hunt. When I'm sick of new change, I go looking for arrow heads.
When that drys up, I dig out a bottle dump. I wash off my dirt and sweat by jumping in the lake and then I go beach hunting.
Always looking for old coins in between.
Too hot outside? Hide in the air conditioning and research for new sites to hunt when it cools down. Clean and catalog this years finds. Knock on some doors and secure permission for the future.
There's always something to do!
When you hit a new site and the good finds start pouring in..... You'll feel the passion again!
Cheers,
Dave.

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your signature reads"building my wealth one pull tab at a time" that tells me you are optimistic about things.
You know there are great finds to be had/found.

If you're tired of hunting it might be a good time to do research. Study the Beacon maps to find old homes. Make calls and ask for permission. Watch You Tube videos to inspire you.
Or You could organize your finds. Just some thoughts.....

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I'm hearing from friends out in Arizona about the heat, I think it's the heat getting to you, none of my friends are going out either because of the heat, it just takes all the ambition/desire out of you, once the weather cool a bit you may get back to your normal self!!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pound some B12 subliminal. You can't over overdose. Does work.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 - What type of hunting do you do? Land only? Beach and land? Underwater? I was getting bored swinging and diggin up the ground, so I tried the beaches and had some incredible finds, then I moved up to scuba and MAN, I am in the water as much as possible - Just keep moving along in the hobby and that might help your mojo!!!!!

Have fun and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! :occasion14:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my best metal detecting site in 2006, a Roman Villa site that was un recorded, I did this site for six years until there was hardly a signal to get, let alone a decent find, I found hundreds of items from this site, gold, silver you name it. I find now that it is hard for me to concentrate my efforts, and have lost some of the passion, in other words, it spoilt me.

SS

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank, I know you like to water hunt. Scout out some newer spots or re-visit ones you haven't hit in a while. Once you hit some gold again (and you will) the thrill will be back! Guaranteed brother.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks tp everyone who posted for me , glad I'm not the only one this has hit lol , Tn thanks that meens allot coming from you and Thrilla your probably right bro I just need a new puddle to stmp naround in .....once again thanks everyone .

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent done a hunt in a while either. Rain and then heat is always a factor. Rite now there is both. I could be out rite now cause it isnt raining but it sure is HOT. Very muggy and no breeze, maybe later today if it cools down some I will hit a spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread