Whats the significance of your selected profile name?

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi SADS'...

Mine's "kind'a-sort'a" like yours. I'm an old M60 (And M1) series Tanker. We're generally known as "Treadheads" and "DATS" (Dumb-A**-Tankers).

I thought Treadhead sounded better :laughing7:

Not from a Brits point of view, nice try DATS 😊......
All the best

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not from a Brits point of view, nice try DATS ��......
All the best

Cheers man.

I was lucky enough to spend almost all of 2010 with a Brit' unit in Helmand Province (Out of 'Bastion) on My last deployment and those
youngsters were the best!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great topic,:icon_thumright: I've always wondered about what the usernames meant to the members of this forum as well as other forums, or how they came up with the usernames!!

Au Seeker, seeker of Au, Au is the symbol for gold in the Periodic Tables, Au is the abbreviation for the Latin word for gold, Aurum.

I'm a gold prospector, usually I go by Gold Seeker, it was a name suggested by an old friend when I first started seeking gold years ago, but on a few forums Gold Seeker was already taken as it was on Tnet.

Last edited:

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an archeologist and my name is Deborah (Deb to almost everyone who knows me). I know the typical archaeologist is not particularly popular on places like this so I thought I would be upfront with you. Besides, I have never been what you might call "typical".

GMD52, You aren't much older than I am. I guess I can play Granny to your Grandpa here -- I was born in 56. (And yeah, I know the photo looks a lot younger -- and is. It's 5 years old because I hate having my picture taken. I was 52 in that one.)

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They call my brother ping and my buddies just started calling me pong when we were younger.. The 12211 is the day I married my beautiful wife..

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simple...My initals, and date of birth......what makes me a dinosaur with all you youngin's:laughing7:
If you're a dinosaur, then I'm a fossilized dinosaur, born in '49! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My pic was taken only a few days ago.... ok, maybe more than 16,000 days ago! (in '67) TTC

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine comes form riding. Funny thing is my "Road Name" is Yukon Cornelius. Go figure. Mike

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On many other forums I go by "Stumpkiller". But here I 'yam what I 'yam.

First name, last initial, and my state.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I am an archeologist and my name is Deborah (Deb to almost everyone who knows me). I know the typical archaeologist is not particularly popular on places like this so I thought I would be upfront with you. Besides, I have never been what you might call "typical".

GMD52, You aren't much older than I am. I guess I can play Granny to your Grandpa here -- I was born in 56. (And yeah, I know the photo looks a lot younger -- and is. It's 5 years old because I hate having my picture taken. I was 52 in that one.)

Years ago I put a nick-name to all my friends in the Rockhound world that was Geologist.. Mineralogist.. and scientist in general...

I just referred to them as "Ist" as in archeologIST.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife bought an old wooden Civil War era "casket style" fiddle case from a junk shop (for a couple dollars) to plant flowers in. When I pried open the rusted latches there was an old fiddle inside...I had it restrung and it appraised for 500 dollars. I learned to play it, so I'm a...JunkShopFiddler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread