Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
it depends. the ace does hold up pretty well against the 2500. how much do you use the true all metal mode? the 2500 will get much better depth than the ace in all metal mode. in discrim modes............i honestly didnt see that much of a differance. ::) the other main thing is the size feature. if you dont care about that or the lighted display, or the manual and auto ground balance of the GTI, then go with the ace........... honestly, i was much less impressed with the 2500 than i was with the ace 250. ( it hurts to admit that!) ;)

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've had my Ace 250 for about a year now, and will never get rid of it. Seems to be a chemistry between us. I also have a Minelab XTerra 70 (a marvelous detector, with many more features). The Ace 250 is my "go to detector"; the Xterra is the back up.

And the only reason is the Ace just feels right and it gets the job done that I want done. Just so darn simple to use :P

Guess I'm just not a 'Bells & Whistles" kind of guy :-\

Dick

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got the 2500...But I'll say it depends on what you'll be hunting. If your hunting parks I'd guess the ace is better but the All Metal Mode makes an enormus differance for me it takes at least 1 dm more the in disc mode. Also good for old coins who have much oxides as it will then also pick up them.
'Bells & Whistles" or not I don't care but I want a GOOD detector who does the job it's supposed to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread