Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

I introduced myself last week in the introduction threads, I got my ATpro this am and found my first two memorial cents in my driveway lol!!

its 97 degrees here in Southern New Jersey and I am off to hunt! Still learning the machine, but so far from my research of it I am going to run it wide open and "learn" the sounds of it!!!

Post back later

Matty
"Neversosure:

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to T Net ,, and gratz on first finds,,search your yard real well.
keep a eye out for playgrounds also ,, the sand is a good place , ball fields , soccer fields ect,,,

OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I just got back in from my first real hunt!!!! I found 1- quarter 1984,1- dime 2000, 1 wheaty 1944, several memorial pennies and various bottle caps and stuff!!!!! I searched 2 different locations, an old cabin site the cabin is long gone though and my buddy's store property.

I am learning to listen to my ATpro, getting used to the sounds it makes, not sure the depth Icon works like it should though?...? a crushed beer can (aluminum) showed as a quarter (96 number) and said it was 8" down it was about an inch below the surface.................:BangHead:

okay til next time
Matty

image.jpeg

Last edited:

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome
At pro sings on the quarters. I like the "ding-ding-ding" it gives you for coins. Quarters here ring up in the 85- 87 range. It's also hot on dimes. Quickly separates targets well.
Enjoy it!
Ray

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you spend more time with your machine, you will come to realize large targets like a mashed beer can, or the lid from a tennis ball can lack a little in the accuracy department on the VID numbers on practically every machine.

Think back to how it pinpointed and I am sure it was very different too. Your detector gives you a reasonable likelyhood of what you found. But it still cannot see.

Good luck!

HI BOB!
RJGMC

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just to be clear, I hate you already!! ( possibly jealousy)

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a good pin pointer and easy to use. But not helpful when you drop to your knees.(oh-that almost rhymes)
You'll likely cherish a Pro Pointer. At $125, you should. Lol
Ray

OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one!!!! I got it with the ATpro!!! That pointer is great!!!! I dig then I stuff the pointer in the hole, very helpful!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
happen to know a woman named laurie from middlesex? she was camping out californy way back in 75

OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
happen to know a woman named laurie from middlesex? she was camping out californy way back in 75

Nahh sorry I was about 7 yrs old in 75' lol! I am from Southern New Jersey, we around here consider middlesex yankee territory!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nahh sorry I was about 7 yrs old in 75' lol! I am from Southern New Jersey, we around here consider middlesex yankee territory!

lol anyone north of the mason dixon line is consider yankee's

OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we here in South Jersey have a line between north jersey and Southern New Jersey!!!!! Theres been talk about splittin off into our own state lol! But that will never happen, they say we are the garden state..... yeah southern New Jersey is where most of the farm land is!!!!

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we here in South Jersey have a line between north jersey and Southern New Jersey!!!!! Theres been talk about splittin off into our own state lol! But that will never happen, they say we are the garden state..... yeah southern New Jersey is where most of the farm land is!!!!
Sometimes watch "Cops", which has featured Patterson.
That must be in the south. Buncha planting there, it seems. Lol
I had a Polish friend that lived in Islin.
How's that area? That was the early 80's
I was dry docked in Bayonne in 78'(USS Lexington)
Not a great area then! Industrial.
Ray
.......edit......no disrespect to your state

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
none taken' Patterson and Bayonne is in the north. If you look at the state on the map, draw a line between the most skinniest part of the state and thats pretty much sums it up !!!!
I have posted todays early morning hunt finds on "todays finds" threads.

matty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread