New Student Hobbyist - EXCITED!!!

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings!!! Finally, I have taken the plunge into creating my Treasure Net account (Hope you like the username because its true :laughing7:) after searching through many different threads to begin educating myself for my entrance into the hobby. First of all, thank you so much for the many of you who have been so helpful on easing my entry and learning curve to start off with. I am happy to say that after many many many hours of researching which machine to start off with I have gone with the Fisher F2 for my first year or two of detecting. It is on its way from Idaho right now by FedEx however from all the research I already know many features, and what they do so I'm excited (I literally have been spending all my free time studying this haha)!!!! I am going on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC in two weeks so I hope to dry sand detect there as I know the one downfall of the F2 is false signaling in wet sand although I believe I could turn down the sensitivity to help with this?

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for helping me get into this hobby with ease as I haven't even got my detector yet and feel like I have a good general understanding of what I need to start off doing. Any comments and suggestions on my new detector, hobby, clubs etc are greatly appreciated!!!

I am extremely excited guys, Thanks! :hello: :icon_thumleft: :treasurechest:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the most addictive hobby in the world.. I wish you much success...

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with the F2, if you haven't already done so, I would read up on the Fishers lab. thread here on the forum.

Roy

OP
OP
S

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Guys! I am basically watching/waiting for paint to dry it feels like sitting here hitting the FedEx tracking number information for my F2... It hasn't been moved or updated one of the two in the last 24 hours according to the tracker... I'm hoping its just not been updated. At any rate I can't stop contemplating the possibilities come Saturday!!!

I have never put together a metal detector obviously... Anyone have any tips? Its gotta be very straightforward right? I hear that you need the coil chord connector to be as far up the shaft as possible so its the farthest distance from the top of the coil.. obviously this decreases electric interference as there is a electromagnetic field not just below the coil but also above it.....?

Cheers new friends!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions