Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a Strat electric guitar and hard case and amp at a yard sale a while back for $25. The kid really needed the money. Well, since I didn't need another guitar and new the worth of this set up was about $200 I decided to try and sell this set up at our yard sale for $125. While sitting behind my table,( I aint allowed to set stuff up on my wifes tables), I looked at the amp and noticed that one of the little rubber feet had a silver band on it. I started thinking that maybe this was a specially decorated amp and maybe it was worth more. I picked the amp up and looked at the other three feet and they didn't have the silver band. Maybe the kid lost them or something like that I thought. I got to fooling around with the silver band as I wanted all feet to match in case someone became interested and I didn't want to have to explain about the missing bands. After about 15 minutes of trying to get it off the band finally popped off. On further investigation, it turns out to be a ring with heart and four leaf clover decorations around the outside. On the inside of the ring it is marked .925. MMM....Sterling. Now my thinking is, the kid put it on the foot for safe keeping. I went back to give the kid the ring back but he no longer lives there. Oh well, just chalking this one up to good luck.

Gerry

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang grlangfitt - you sure lucked it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions