New guy from connecticut

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202
Welcome to the forum! I bet there is all kinds of crazy stuff just waiting to be dug up in CT. Just cruise around the forum a little, and youll get a good idea of what the more popular metal detectors are. Good luck trying to decide!

Shanko

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Pete!

Welcome to the forum! You will find that everyone here is awsome!! Any questions you have, they are more than happy to answer. I don't think you could have come to a better MDing forum. Now for a detector, I use a White's prizm III (around $300) but the white's prizm II is around $250. I know that a lot of the members here use a Garrett Ace 250 which some swear by, they run around $212. I don't think you would go wrong with either the Ace 250 or the Prizm II for the price reange you are looking for. Like Shanko said, you can ask around and get a feel for which one you might like!

Again, welcome to the forum and happy hunting!!

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
hello pete what part of Ct. ?? try calling tony at tc metal detectors he has some great deals and goes the extra mile to help

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum. Choosing a first detector can be confusing since you have no experience yet and no doubt will onlyt buy the cheapest detector you find. This is a mistake as many of these newbies leave their detector sit in a closet forever.

Visit the manufactures web sites for Garrett, Whites, Minelab and Tesoro for some of the best detectors. Try not to buy used for your first one as you won't know if it is working correctly unless you buy from a dealer with a store. Many here like the Ace 250 mentioned.

Good Luck,
Sandman

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
P28,

welcome to the board.

Go with the 250; good detector for the money.

have a good un....................................

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard Pete. Glad to have you with us. This is a great place with a lot of great folks. My first detector was the Tesoro Compadre. Not a lot of bells and whistles. A pretty simple machine. I still have it and still use it as my primary detector. Check it out. A lot of people will tell you a lot of different machines to use. I have never used the ACE 250, so I can't comment on it. But I have heard that it is a great little machine that has found a lot of great things. Go with what you like. Hope it helps

OP
OP
P

pete28

Thank you everyone! I look forward to going a lot after big storms as I live about 3 miles from the coastline and I am an avid fisherman so i am always near the water. Leddel, I live in Branford. Sorry I forgot to mention that. So when I get my first detector if anyone wants to go out let me know and maybe we can connect.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Welcome to the Net, Pete! My vote is for the Ace 250! I love mine! For a beginner, it's easier to learn on than most others!

HH Joe

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Welcome friend , there's lots of good smart people on TN + an idiot or two . I'm one of the idiots or maybe the only one . I actually like my bounty hunter time ranger . Good luck with whatever you buy . Most brands want half as much for an accessory coil as their detector cost or you need an ox yoke to carry the thing around + a degree in computer programming wouldn't hurt with some models . Ace 250 is getting raving reviews + I think the bounty hunter 3300 is a best buy for the money . Hope this helps , if not like I said I'm an idiot . Anyway HH ;D

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Hi Pete . Welcome from a fellow treasure hunter in CT. I sell the Ace250 for 212.45 with free shipping. The Prizm II is also a good bet at 199.95. I have a shop that you can vivit if you like or you can order from my site. We also have a great club in CT called Yankee Territory Coinshooters. We are having a Polar Bear Hunt on Feb 11th for club members at Hammonassett Beach but if you'd like to just come over and say hi please do. Would love to meet you. Anyway , If I can help in your purchase please let me know.
Tony
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

OP
OP
P

pete28

Thanks everyone. Tony I am like 10 minutes from hammonasset! Too bad I dont have a detector. : ( I will have to see what work is like and maybe I can make it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread