Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I love mine Miner...it indicates distance to target by number and rate of pulses. It's stronger than the others and totally waterproof. It turns on by pointing up (two short pulses indicate the on status) and after several minutes, two long pulses indicate it has turned itself off. This will no doubt make batteries last longer (dunno through experience, as my first 9V is still going strong)

Only complaints:
Actual distance it will pick up an item is only about 1-1/2 " on a cent, maybe 2" on a quarter.

Makes my ACE250 go whacky if the Ace's coil is too close when using it (about 2 feet away and it's quiet)

I have broken:
Whites Bullseye 120
Whites Bullseye 140
Sherlock
Automax V2
Don't think this one will break...it's tough as nails

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I have one. I LOVE it!

You can recover hard to see targets really fast.

The thing is indestructible.

It enables you to dig a narrower deeper plug and still find the target, (good for nice lawns).

I use mine for night detecting. No light needed at all. ;)

Ridley

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I just love mine as well. I did a lot of research before I bought mine and it seemed that all of the others got broken for this reason or that. I never found a single person that said theirs had broken or they had any sort of trouble with it. I work mine like a borrowed mule,its totally covered in mud and I usually just wipe off the tip. Sadly I lost the little holster that it sits in so I just carry mine. It is a little more pricey than the others and I wouldnt even bother looking for a used one on Ebay,I watched for a couple of weeks and only one came up and it sold for 10 dollars less than I paid for a new one. I bought mine from southerntreasures online and they sent me a free pouch and a battery for it and man they ship fast as lightning too. There is also a pretty new member here named TonyinCT that has a metal detector store online(TCdetectors I think?). Though he is fairly new to this site he is on another site I am a member at and a multitude of people over there have done business with him and everyone has been very pleased. I think if I was going to get one online I would try and look him up first so if you have any trouble he would be a mouseclick away,HH...Shoot

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like this is the one I need out there in the field.
I don't mind paying a bit more to get my moneys worth.
Thanks again,
MM

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually managed to break mine, but got another right away. Had to get a Teknetics while I waited, but the vibraprobe's definitely worth it!

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
How do the pinpointers work, and whats the average cost. Found out his weekd i could sure use one or get better at zeroing in on my tarkets. Missed by too muc, to much time diggin for nothing ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, but, i might be the only one that had problems with it. It started acting funny, but then i dropped it, and it worked again. IT HEALS ITSELF :D :D :D :D

However , i hate the fact that you can't turn it off manually....wasted A LOT of batteries that way

HH
-GC

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meggaditto said:
I was looking at that pinpointer and was wondering, for $10 more, would the 720 be a better buy?
http://www.treasureproducts.com/vibratector.cfm

One issue with this 720 model may be the large head on it? I know a lot of holes I dig have roots in them, so the 560 could be maneuvered right around those areas without getting hung up on the roots.
Just a thought.
-MM-

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the impression that the 720 is not designed for use as a "pinpointer", but more as a hand-held MDing wand (like for detecting weapons on people, or looking for wall studs/caches in walls).
LL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread