Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As of now, the 13 families will instead receive worker's compensation and a federal payment of $328,000.

It won't bring him back, but 66-2/3% of his salary (our firefighters surviving spouse would go to age 70) plus $328,000 up front ain't hay.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad as it is, that is negotiated by contract and funded by taxpayers. You can't pay what "feels right" if the legislation doesn't exist. The legislators could have untied the bean counters hands if they wanted.

Chicago got in some trouble for keeping dead folks on the payroll and so certain state and federal agencies keep track of that.

Yes, I'm a municipal bean counter. If a calculator crushes me at work my wife gets a lump settlement of 2X my salary, my unused vacation time, the money I have contributed into my 401(k) [no match], the opportunity to buy COBRA medical benefits at 100% cost and a hearty "get lost" for any future salary or pension payments. I would have to work 20 years to be vested in the retirement system.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
For most, the deck is stacked against them...Especially if they're dead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread