laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit comfyinvermont

His two articles in W&ET, "Long, Cold Winters in Vermont" and "Getting to 'Yes'" inspired me to make a display for my neighbors of finds I made in their yard, hopefully I can get them to ask some of their friends in the area (they've lived here much longer than we have).

IMG_0567.JPG

I left a spot in the middle for a silver monogrammed lady's belt buckle (I think that's what it's from), that I gave them the day I found it, also will try to get a pic. BTW, the display looks really good, IMHO, but I photographed it without the glass frame to avoid glare, and it looks kind of lame... Anyway, I was excited to make the display and give it to my neighbors, but I AM going stir crazy. Right now it is 6 degrees, and with the wind chill it feels like -15!!! The thing is, I just started MDing in August of this past year, and the winter was so mild until the last couple of weeks I was able to detect until mid-January. I'm already dreading next winter, because I know there will be a lot longer stretch when I can't detect >:(

HH for those of you who can get out there!
LL

skalleewag

Dec 4, 2006
TREASURE COAST, FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hmmmm it got down to 60 here, had to wear a sweatshirt...

Attachments

• 5 ft. cut.JPG
    5 ft. cut.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 85
  • cut.JPG
    cut.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 5 ft. cut.JPG
    5 ft. cut.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 82
  • cut.JPG
    cut.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 84
T

treasurejack

shalleewag, "60 degrees...." that's just plain mean! lol
In recent days the wind chill here has hit -23 and all I can think about is how much deeper the ground is going to freeze! Even if it gets warm soon it's going to take a jackhammer to go after anything your detector sniffs out. Mean! Just plain mean! lol
"May you get a good signal on the beach and dig 18 inches deep to only find a brass bee-bee!"
"60 degrees"..."sweater".....AND I'LL BET THERE'S SUNSHINE TOO! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread