Help! I am going through Withdraw

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its been about 3 weeks now since I have swung my detector. I don't know how much longer I can take it. Sure its fun to look through all my old W&ET and Lost Treasure Magazines and work on some of my research but it just isn't the same as being out there. Anyone else going crazy? Hopefully winter won't last much longer. Here is a picture to show you the snow in Central Missouri.

Attachments

• indiancreek.JPG
    indiancreek.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 394

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
yep me too ,CABIN FEVER makes you enjoy spring even more.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Yeah me too. I am using the short winter here in NY to get the DFX fixed. It overloads way too often and won't reset when I pull the all metal trigger. It's off to Sweet Home to have a visit Todd. Bob in Manassas couldn't find anything wrong with it but I still think there is a problem.

...gee never thought I would say or hear someone say "short" and "winter" in the same sentence with "New York". We have only had about two weeks worth of frozen ground here and the thaw should be coming in 2 to 4 more weeks. It's been really weird the last couple of years here.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the UK it's very mild , even seen butterflys...normally it's either very wet or like you guy's cold and frosty.

Attachments

• church.jpg
    church.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 376

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep cold as heck here in Ohio, was 8 below zero this morning and even now with the sun shinning it's still only 8 above zero. Only 6 more weeks till spring according to the old ground hog. Man it's going to be a hard winter.

My partner and I talked about going to a museum next week and do some research, sounds good to me.

Well hope everyone who is lucky enough to be in a warm area, hope your having fun metal detecting.

HH, Ringfinder

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot stand the cold at all anymore!

I just checked the weather for central Indiana and it won't get above freezing until February 12th, and then on on the 13th it's expected to get over 40... WOW!!

The high tomorrow is 6..... brrrrrrrrr

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya, its pretty balmy here in Northwest PA at 9 degrees ;D

We still have at least a foot of snow, more in someplaces (like my house). Spring is coming eventually. . . ???

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great oportunity to hit the library and do site research............

or you could always plant some coins in a flower pot & use your pinpointer to find them in the house ;D or look thru cdoin finds for key dates.....clean relics....make displays...or when all else faile hop on a plane to key west and hunt and drink tequila !! 8) hang in there it wont be long before your swingin again M8

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, me too. Cold, can't hunt in comfort, or relitive comfort at 8 degrees and 10 mph winds.

Research, learning as much as I can about the new DFX is taking up a lot of my time.
But both research and learning the machine better will benefit me when the warmer days are here.
HH, Ken

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
ringfinder said:
Man it's going to be a hard winter.
HH, Ringfinder

Your obviously not in Non-Buffalo NY. The first significant snow we have had was yesterday and it was about an inch. The ground only froze about 2-3 weeks ago. Unheard of here. Normally the ground is frozen by the beginning of December and we've usually had a couple of good foot and a half storms. When I was a kid it used to snow by Thanksgiving and you wouldn't see grass until the end of March. Now the question is...are we going to get any real snow this year? I haven't gotten the snow blower out in two years. I wonder if it still works. It was almost 60 degrees F in smAlbany the week of New Years...we detected until Christmas.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i generally like the cold better than the heat, but the cold we are having now is ridiculous! the ground is like a friggin brick! why cant it be 70 degrees year round!

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look out floor boards......You withdrawers are gonna be diggin root cellars in your livingrooms before long.... :D :D

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
i generally like the cold better than the heat, but the cold we are having now is ridiculous! the ground is like a friggin brick! why cant it be 70 degrees year round!
So you are a Delawarian.....How long? I hung out in Delaware as a kid with some cuz's....a place that was popular then 1972-76 called "CHICKEN JOE'S CORNER" over in Marydel ,Delaware....

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
Yeah me too. I am using the short winter here in NY to get the DFX fixed. It overloads way too often and won't reset when I pull the all metal trigger. It's off to Sweet Home to have a visit Todd. Bob in Manassas couldn't find anything wrong with it but I still think there is a problem.

...gee never thought I would say or hear someone say "short" and "winter" in the same sentence with "New York". We have only had about two weeks worth of frozen ground here and the thaw should be coming in 2 to 4 more weeks. It's been really weird the last couple of years here.
You Know Bob in Manassas......COOL....

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Michelle said:
hollowpointred said:
So you are a Delawarian.....How long? I hung out in Delaware as a kid with some cuz's....a place that was popular then 1972-76 called "CHICKEN JOE'S CORNER" over in Marydel ,Delaware....

hey michelle! ive been in delaware for about 40 years! wilmington area. marydel is a bit south of us here. :)

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Michelle said:
Skrimpy said:

don't know him personally, but know he is THE WHITE's MAN on the East Coast.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow in my area about gone, weather getting better, Hurry Spring.

Fossis......................

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
Michelle said:
Skrimpy said:

don't know him personally, but know he is THE WHITE's MAN on the East Coast.
He is a good man....We deal with him alot...

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
Michelle said:
hollowpointred said:

hey michelle! ive been in delaware for about 40 years! wilmington area. marydel is a bit south of us here. :)
Geez Delaware "aint" that big.....haha Been all over it....My Grandmother is buried in Odd Fellows Cemetary up there...in WILMINGTON...Do they still have the Playtex Plant up there??? We use to ride by and I remember smelling rubber....and then down the road aways was a chocolate plant "factory" and you'd smell chocolate.....Had alot of good growing up years there....learned to drive a stick shift Opal station wagon right through Dover....I was 11 yrs. old......hehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions