A different version of how to find a house site question.

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so I have permission to 82 acres. There is a very old cemetery on the land (I'm not sure what kind yet I haven't been to see it). The owner believes slave or possibly family (she's not familiar with the differences so I hope I can teach her!). Ok now here's the question . With knowing the location of the cemetery, how can I find the house? Will it be close by? I think I might go in with 0 disc. Then when I hit tons of iron I think that's were it will be. It could also be a soldier cemetery since it is very close to a Rev. War battle site. Thoughts on how I can find the house? As far as I know it's not been hunted. But It's a pasture so maybe plowed around a little bit. Thanks!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks for an area that is raised, plants that are not native or different from surrounding area, building materials like bricks or pieces of bricks and stone groups that differ from surrounding areas..........and of course other man made things in the soil.........
Good luck!!! Being close to the Rev war battle also makes it interesting....

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You could try and study the location using google maps/earth and looks for ruins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread