Do you keep everything you find?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

I was just curious, do you keep everything that you find or do you disguard all but the valuable (i.e. coins, relics, rings, jewelry)? I have seen on here where there are those who have kept just about everything they have dug out of the ground and then there are those who don't, whats the usual case?

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually toss the junk into some weeds, old washers, shotgun shells, pieces of tin, etc, that stuff would just clutter up my house....totally worthless. I can't think of a good use for a rusty washer or piece of tin? Everyone is different though...

If I think it may be historical or have value...it goes home.

T

treasurejack

Both of my sons have long term girlfriends who are now like daughters so I let them sort throught the stuff and if they really want it I let them have it. Good kids so I can't complain. As for what I keep? Just depends on what it is, old coins, old jewelry, rare old relics, this sort of stuff I keep, the rest is either given away or tossed in the trash. I do save a lot of the junk metal rings I find so I can have some fun with the little kids at the beach, let them think they found it and then let them keep it, what a hoot!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
No way do I keep everything... although there are places where I do haul out everything I dig, then toss in the trash.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Stalker said:
I usually toss the junk into some weeds, old washers, shotgun shells, pieces of tin, etc, that stuff would just clutter up my house....totally worthless. I can't think of a good use for a rusty washer or piece of tin? Everyone is different though...

If I think it may be historical or have value...it goes home.
YA I THROW MINE IN A GABAGE CAN ::)

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not anymore, but for the first couple of months I kept almost everything, as evidenced by my post on Today's Finds...I'm getting better :-[ ;)
LL

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I take everything home and sort it out.

Pull tabs = Ronald McDonald House
Clad = Cleaned then sorted.
Rings/relics/old coins = kept
Junk = tossed.

Hope it helps.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do the tabs for Ronald McDonald house to, except ours just come off our drinks. During deer season we have tons of people at the ranch that consume unbelievable amounts of adult beverages, the tabs go into a big pickel jar, the cans are crushed and redeemed to buy deer corn. We usually fill up about 3 jars of tabs each season to donate.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I have every last coin that I have found, every ring both good an junk, keep all the diffrent tokens, jar full of keys an some of the odd stuff, but I never keep, total junk,pull tabs, rusted bolts etc.I know I have at least 5-6 thousand coins an somewhere around 70 plus rings, an only been at it for 15 months.But the small stuff doesn't take up much room

Attachments

• P1010002a.JPG
    P1010002a.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 207

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I'm not about to throw away all my pulltabs . Does anyone find anything else ? You're getting me curious ? ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everythiing that isn't trash....such as nails, pulltabs, washers...

HH
-GC

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my silver and gold, convert my clad every six months, keep artifacts and interesting what is its, grandkids get the matchbox cars and toys, save marbles. About sums it up and I am wondering what I am going to do with most of the stuff I do keep. Monty

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spend the clad, keep the wheaties & silver (like a find much ::)), toss the odd "relics" that are unidentifiable. I carry out everything small and metal so I don't have to detect it next time through and that all gets trashed. I'd have enough foil to make a canoe if I'd have kept it. Maybe a DC-3 from the pulltabs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread