MDing in Murfreesboro TN

LuvinTheSouth

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved down from NJ 4 years ago and haven't had the opportunity to swing the loop...I was disappointed to see the posts concerning prohibited use of detectors in city of M'boro!!
My wife and I did quite a bit of detecting while living in NJ mostly on the NJ state park beaches...found many many nice finds including several pieces of gold jewelry...however the last couple of years we started finding very little especially in the water. NJ has a law which prohibits detecting the beaches between Memorial Day and Labor Day...the day after is open to the public with a free permit...what we along with other detectors decided was happening was that the reason we stopped finding anything of value was that the rangers who patrolled the parks were doing it themselves after hours and DURING the summer season which was off limits to the public!!
It's all about who you know or who you are...sad state of affairs...hopefully someone will find for sure whether there is a law on the books in M'boro that actually states no detecting in the city or is it just one's opinion...
Does anyone belong to the Middle TN Metal Detecting Club?? If so, have they been any help answering this question?
Thanks

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Just noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

LuvinTheSouth, what posts are you referring to which claim that m'boro forbids detecting? Because you're right: all-too-often, something like that gets posted in a post somewhere, d/t someone who just heard that from a bored desk-bound clerk they asked. While there is really no rule that says such a thing. Just some clerk who gives the "safe" answer, or morphs something else they think applies to the "pressing question".

Have you tried the M'boro city website? Or if the muni laws and codes and park rules aren't written there (as a click-able tab), you can go to city hall and ask where the public can view all the muni charter, codes, laws, etc... (d/t it must be available for public to view somewhere).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread