Where are people finding CW relics...

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

It's all about research! You gotta find Winter Camps or skirmish sites that aren't recognized by the government or state. The relics are out there. Go get them!!!

Ian

OP
OP
W

WEIM

Thanks Ian,
I really do not understand why you could not hunt in places such as the Natchez Trace or any other huge parkway.

Billy

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Local State and Federal Governments are corrupted, I believe. They want to "Preserve" the land but not Historic Relics that this country was founded on. They'd rather worry about some rare ant colony that does NOTHING for the worlds ecosystem than worry about our past just rotting away.

Funny how we pay State and Federal Taxes, but yet we dare not step foot on their property with a metal detector. :o

Ian

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
WEIM said:
Thanks Ian,
I really do not understand why you could not hunt in places such as the Natchez Trace or any other huge parkway.

Billy

They are 'public treasures'. If the archies can't get to them to dig them up for all the public to view and see, then they should rot in the ground until all traces are gone and no one can see them. That seems like it in a nut shell to me. The lead certainly won't decay, but the brass and buttons are getting to be in worse and worse shape over the years, especially where fertilizer is used to keep the grass nice and purty green.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread