Urgent Appeal make a difference today

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is it Usa Detectorist's are seen as Gods while us Brits are geeks please help us to catch up we are seen in the media as geeks with knobbly knees and hair every where and also the buck teeth with the girlfriend like the lady off rocky whilst you Usa dudes are seen as indiana jones types with the minelab chicks hanging off your arms while finding the goodies. Omg U have a duty to help us we are bothers in ringpulls also u guys love our royal family and we watch documentaries about you such as dallasso suggestions below chaps tally ho pip pipDouble MM

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
First..Ya gotta have a Harley. Then ya gotta develop an isolationist attitude. Then ya gotta develop a real taste for revolution. Become a bad boy cause chicks dig bad boys. Hope this helps. Oh ya, do a Brazilian on the back hair.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
why is it Usa Detectorist's are seen as Gods while us Brits are geeks please help us to catch up we are seen in the media as geeks with knobbly knees and hair every where and also the buck teeth with the girlfriend like the lady off rocky whilst you Usa dudes are seen as indiana jones types with the minelab chicks hanging off your arms while finding the goodies. Omg U have a duty to help us we are bothers in ringpulls also u guys love our royal family and we watch documentaries about you such as dallasso suggestions below chaps tally ho pip pipDouble MM
.... I hate to tell you this but here in the USA .... They look at us Detectorist's as geeks and idiot's........... It is not a proud thing to be seen swinging a detector.......

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.... I hate to tell you this but here in the USA .... They look at us Detectorist's as geeks and idiot's........... It is not a proud thing to be seen swinging a detector.......

Yep! Dunno where the OP gets the idea that detectorist here in states are Indiana Jones types. I mean I am, but not the rest of em!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no one has ever accused me and my detector buddy of being knobbly kneed buckteeth geeks. :laughing7:

patcat.jpg paecae2.jpg

You need me to send you one of my cat-suits? :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
First..Ya gotta have a Harley. Then ya gotta develop an isolationist attitude. Then ya gotta develop a real taste for revolution. Become a bad boy cause chicks dig bad boys. Hope this helps. Oh ya, do a Brazilian on the back hair.

Second...Dont worry about what mainstream media thinks,mainstream media is full of idiots,do you really care what idiots think?

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just come over here your an instant rock star chicks go crazy for your accent and whenever a Brit says something totally stupid we attribute it to dry English

Humor you are loved here the Beatles and stones paved you a golden highway use it lol ( ps if you see Dave tell him I said hi)

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People generally think of MD's as geeky old dudes looking for penny's.

I wear my Mixed Martial Arts training gear and my girlfriend rides her motorcycle around while I hunt the fields!

dirt-bike-riding.jpg

:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If the truth be told, It is a matter of prospective. Over there, that is how the public see's you and over here the public see's us the same way. Frank... cheerio-1.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People generally think of MD's as geeky old dudes looking for penny's.

I wear my Mixed Martial Arts training gear and my girlfriend rides her motorcycle around while I hunt the fields!

View attachment 844842

:laughing7:
Ringfinder, I had to look at the bike twice!
I would have swore that was me in the Everglades riding! But I only had a little moped, same suit though! LOL!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ringfinder, I had to look at the bike twice!
I would have swore that was me in the Everglades riding! But I only had a little moped, same suit though! LOL!

What bike ---- Oh wait, I'm a dirty old man.

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RingFinder - If she is riding around dressed like that - WHO EVEN NOTICES YOU? :headbang:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RingFinder - If she is riding around dressed like that - WHO EVEN NOTICES YOU? :headbang:

That's how I get away with hunting "off limit" area's - She rides around and no one pays any attention to me!!!!:occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Our secret is we don't care squat about what someone else thinks about us...:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread