Better Halves

How many of you are married and your better halves like to MD as well?

• Married/Better Half does

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single/Significant other Does

• Single

• Married/Other half does not

• Ain't tellin nothin..lol

• Total voters

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I came home with a $200 half dime and the wife sneered and said, "Show me when you find a $10,000 coin." Enough said?

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang half i feel your pain :-[

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Calworks said:
How many of you have better halves/significant others who like/dislike to MD

Reminds me of a joke. (The only MD joke I know)

A middle aged married man meets a beautiful young blond in a bar while having an after-work drink with his buddies. One thing leads to another and the man and woman end up back in her apartment. After hours of passionate lovemaking he realizes how late it is and what will be in store for him when he gets home. He says to the blond, "Hurry and bring me that potted plant and rub the dirt on my hands". She thinks this is odd, but does as he says, rubbing dirt all over his hands until they are filthy. He says goodbye to the woman, and hurries home. When he gets home his wife is waiting for him.
"Where have you been??" She screeches.
"Well, you are not going to believe this", he replies, "but I met this beautiful young blond woman at a bar and we went back to her apartment and made passionate love on her couch".
"Let me see your hands" she replies.
He shows his dirty hands to his wife. "You stinking liar" She screams, "YOU"VE BEEN OUT METAL DETECTING AGAIN!!!"

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL that was a great Joke!!!

its_toby ;D wife ::)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just married in December and the Wife does not but I'm working on her.

On the honeymoon I would go out on the beach in the morning...I brought back two gold rings and one silver plus a coin from every country out there. She looked at the rings and said well don't just sit there in that lounge chair go back out there and detect.

I just don't let her clean my finds anymore. Found a small bronze figure I was trying to clean up and she comes in an says I have something to clean it. I'm thinking she has some jewelery clean that will work so I give it to her. a few minutes latter I walk into the kitchen and she has the Brillo out and her arm is moving a mile a minute. Needless to say I took my find back and I make sure she stays within eye sight whenever she looks at my finds. It did come out nice but I'm just glad it was not an old coin.

But she is definitely a keeper...

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Living the single life...have tried to get my two daughters (now 12 and 15) into it, but that lasted three minutes. The plus side is that I can do what I want when I want. The down side is...well, the down side. If and when I ever meet someone, I pray that they are a detectorist.

HH!
TBGO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread