Final decision

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not the GTI 2500 or infinium? If you decided to go with Garrett. Personally I would just buy the garrett pro pointer and move on :) IMO. HH

OP
OP
A

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry forgot to mention I was on a budget of $300

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's your budget, Forget the 350. Go with the Fisher f2 and the Garrett pro pointer.
I have a delta 4000 and just ordered the pro pointer because I've found, you need one.

OP
OP
A

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FmrMarine Do you have any experience with either the fisher f2 or garrett ace 350. But I'm still dead set on the ace 350 I have read lots of reviews and they recommend the ace.And any way I will be trying to move onto the at pro as quick as possible.
Thankyou for your recommendation :)

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used either, but like you, I have done a fair amount of research. If your heart is set on the 350, get the 350. I still recommend a pinpointer though

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used both the Ace 350 & F2 quite a bit. If you check around on the site you'll see that several people have. The overwhelming majority that have used both prefer the F2. Might just be something to that huh!
But if you're set on the 350...why even post this? Good luck.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Any one not agree with this detector?
Thankyou

After trying the Ace 250 I wouldn't recommend an Ace, unless the 350 is a huge leap from 250.
I'd go with the F2.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used both and they are good detectors, the Ace 350 has the DD coil and preset modes so it will be a little easier to pinpoint. The F2 adds VDI numbers for target identification. We sell many of both. If you go with the F2, get the F2GWP package, it includes an additional small coil and a Fisher Fpoint pinpointerer for $16 more than the basic F2.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the Garrett pro-pointer. . it's the best..pretty much get what ya pay for! good luck!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thread intro states you have made a final decision, why not get the 350, and practice with it, and with practice comes proficiency....the more you overthink any decision, the more confused you get, and the longer you go without the end product. Everybody has their own preverences, and that was the decision they made, act on yours, your first thought is often your best.....Good luck, and HH.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
From what I have seen there are a lot of BRANDED posters here. I own 3 different brands so I am open in the matter of brand. The big question is what are you going to be looking for in the ground. If you are just going to hit parks and back yards, any detector will do because you are not going to be digging deep targets. However if you are the adventurous type, you will want more from your detector. That is why I recomended a used Whites XLT . It can handle the parks and yards in the preset coins and jewelry program preset. If you want to go deeper, you have a prospect program and several other presets. Then when you are really getting into treasure hunting, there are the custom programs that you set up. You can adjust anything in the computer unlike a lowline detector. A used XLT is top quality at a discount price. But being new, you will probably get a low line detector and be unhappy with detecting. Don't say I didn't warn you. Frank...

ruby gold ring 800.jpg Ruby mounted in gold. found with my 13 year old XLT.
Hay the concentric coil pinpoints EXACTLY. When it sounded off, I just pushed my probe in the ground and touched it.

Last edited:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ace 250.. For the first 5 times I used it I was ok with it, now I hate it.
Sounds like you are set on the 350 so get it and judge for yourself.
I will be upgrading to something that is ocean water friendly.
Wish there was a place to rent the machines of interest, so we could see what is the best for each of us.
The dealer I bought this from assured me that if I just turned down sensitivity it would work in wet sand..Won't be going back to that guy!

OP
OP
A

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn I would buy the whites XLT but im having trouble finding a second hand whites xlt.
Ohh and I will mainly be hunting in woods or at a beach, mainly the woods.
Thankyou

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adrian..there are a bunch right now on e-bay

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to beach hunt I would forget the 350

OP
OP
A

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I'm forgetting to mention that I live in Australia and almost none of them ship here.
I need one for around $300

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see..Wel, you sure live in a beautiful place!

OP
OP
A

Adrian D

Aug 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks squiggy after about 1 hour of browsing eBay i found a whites XLT for $300 (used) and it comes with headphones :)

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wonderful! Will they send it to you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread